Kyocera Echo announced for Sprint

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"The screens are connected by a slick sliding liquid-metal hinge that Kyocera's filed several patents on"

This will probably be amusing to pull apart. Bets on it gets trashed several times before you even make it to the end of the claims (I assume these patents are filed at the abomination the US passes off as a patent office). I am curious what liquid metal means- my three theories of mecury (no fool is allowed to use it for something as frivolous as this), smart materials (kind of expensive and a better buzzword to employ) or just marketing BS for a fancy combination hinge (can you say prior art) have big holes in them.

I am racking my brain (which admittedly is very poor on the subject of phones- my great dislike of phones not being well hidden after all) but I swear I saw some dual screen stuff in the pawn shops back when and not even the token clock grade LCD some phones have on the front. Dual touch screen I can give them though especially if it is a real touch screen rather than an overlay.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
FAST6191 said:
"The screens are connected by a slick sliding liquid-metal hinge that Kyocera's filed several patents on"

This will probably be amusing to pull apart. Bets on it gets trashed several times before you even make it to the end of the claims (I assume these patents are filed at the abomination the US passes off as a patent office). I am curious what liquid metal means- my three theories of mecury (no fool is allowed to use it for something as frivolous as this), smart materials (kind of expensive and a better buzzword to employ) or just marketing BS for a fancy combination hinge (can you say prior art) have big holes in them.

I am racking my brain (which admittedly is very poor on the subject of phones- my great dislike of phones not being well hidden after all) but I swear I saw some dual screen stuff in the pawn shops back when and not even the token clock grade LCD some phones have on the front. Dual touch screen I can give them though especially if it is a real touch screen rather than an overlay.
I think they are taking about that alloy apple bought the rights to (which is referee to as liquid metal) that has plastic-like properties

edit: http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/apple-granted...tal-05-01-2011/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed