Hacking ktemkin drama

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Functioning adults talk shit out like, oh I don't know, adults? Kate fucked up, yes, she shouldn't have, she should have TALKED IT OUT. Scires fucked up, he shouldn't have, HE SHOULD HAVE TALKED IT OUT. Whether they agree or not doesn't matter. It didn't have to be ugly and everyone could have had their privacy protected.

As for the team falling part, I consider MULTIPLE key members leaving the team as falling apart. No one on the team fully trusts one another, no one fully agrees with one another. Top contributors or not.
You're literally pulling this out of your ass. The people who actually write the code are still there. It's sad that 3 members left, but I don't see how this will lead to the team "falling apart" when the vast majority of them are still there. You know, the active ones? Define "key member".

The privacy was breached by one of the leaving members who selectively quoted from a private chat. After being called out on that and first claiming they want full transparency they pulled back and claimed privacy concerns. That's just shady. And there are conflicts that can't be resolved right away by talking. It's none of your business tbh.

Reactions: charlieb

rooshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1 is fuc#ed bois. Deja Vu implemented the bootrom bug that was leaked.
Is no one going to acknowledge this post? OP said they were keeping their ears open for more details from the RS Discord—is this confirmation that the Deja Vu exploit relied at least in some part on the "misconfiguration" Kate divulged? It seems highly unlikely to me that Kate would knowingly expose details surrounding ReSwitched's promised softmod solution, as she's had to field questions about it for months.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're literally pulling this out of your ass. The people who actually write the code are still there. It's sad that 3 members left, but I don't see how this will lead to the team "falling apart" when the vast majority of them are still there. You know, the active ones? Define "key member".

The privacy was breached by one of the leaving members who selectively quoted from a private chat. After being called out on that and first claiming they want full transparency they pulled back and claimed privacy concerns. That's just shady. And there are conflicts that can't be resolved right away by talking. It's none of your business tbh.
Hard to pull stuff out of your ass when the facts are sitting in your face. You do you though.

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Is no one going to acknowledge this post? OP said they were keeping their ears open for more details from the RS Discord—is this confirmation that the Deja Vu exploit relied at least in some part on the "misconfiguration" Kate divulged? It seems highly unlikely to me that Kate would knowingly expose details surrounding ReSwitched's promised softmod solution, as she's had to field questions about it for months.

nobody knows for sure because the devs aren't telling us everything. People have asked S on discord many times about the impact of this leak but got no answer.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scires has stated that his implementation of DV involved the exploit to an extent. He didnt' go into further detail.

snoofly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That comes paraphrased from a quote directly from SciresM.
Someone questioned the leaked bug had no relevance to the switch to which he replied deja vu used it to an extent.

rooshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scires has stated that his implementation of DV involved the exploit to an extent. He didnt' go into further detail.
That comes paraphrased from a quote directly from SciresM.
Someone questioned the leaked bug had no relevance to the switch to which he replied deja vu used it to an extent.
Welp, at least that clears up why he reacted the way he did.

Last edited by rooshoes,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Most people have morals or at the very least enough of a heart to give the person who deserves it SOME of the 200k you stole from them.
I don't think he thought to ask for any of the 200k or gave ktemkin a chance to offer it, nor do I think he wants it.
He seems very trigger happy. Basically if you do one thing wrong you're out, with no chance to explain yourself or try to make things right. This isn't the first time and probably won't be the last, ReSwitched has had so much drama over the past year as a result.
I also don't think ktemkin is ever gonna see any money from that. Nvidia has known about the bug for months, so she isn't telling Nvidia and Google anything they don't already know. And like she said the product is EOL, not receiving updates anymore, new devices don't have this issue and they can't fix existing devices. Her telling them changes literally nothing.
That's why I think in this case exiling her just like that is a bit rash. I certainly wouldn't trust her with private info anymore, because she's shown she can't be trusted with information like that, but it seems like no harm was done in this case so I'd probably let her stick around in the public channels if I was him. Not saying he was wrong to ban her, it's completely justified, just saying I would have done things differently. But I think he should have at least given her a chance to explain herself first since he doesn't seem to know all the details, and I think it's wrong to take action without understanding the full picture, unless it's something really serious.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think he thought to ask for any of the 200k or gave ktemkin a chance to offer it, nor do I think he wants it.
He seems very trigger happy. Basically if you do one thing wrong you're out, with no chance to explain yourself or try to make things right. This isn't the first time and probably won't be the last, ReSwitched has had so much drama over the past year as a result.
I also don't think ktemkin is ever gonna see any money from that. Nvidia has known about the bug for months, so she isn't telling Nvidia and Google anything they don't already know. And like she said the product is EOL, not receiving updates anymore, new devices don't have this issue and they can't fix existing devices. Her telling them changes literally nothing.
That's why I think in this case exiling her just like that is a bit rash. I certainly wouldn't trust her with private info anymore, because she's shown she can't be trusted with information like that, but it seems like no harm was done in this case so I'd probably let her stick around in the public channels if I was him. Not saying he was wrong to ban her, it's completely justified, just saying I would have done things differently. But I think he should have at least given her a chance to explain herself first since he doesn't seem to know all the details, and I think it's wrong to take action without understanding the full picture, unless it's something really serious.
That one I have to agree with, he is indeed trigger happy. But this is his server and he had the consent of 8 other team members.

I hope that this is really just a misunderstanding and they can make up, but that's their personal business.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

ZanderX420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess TX SX pro is what im getting then since reswitched team r being a bunch of babies that cant get along. Honestly i would rather buy tx sx pro then atmosphere since sx pro is already out. Woulda supported atmosphere if it was actually finished.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guess TX SX pro is what im getting then since reswitched team r being a bunch of babies that cant get along. Honestly i would rather buy tx sx pro then atmosphere since sx pro is already out. Woulda supported atmosphere if it was actually finished.
Or even better, wait for ReiNX/MTX OS.

Enviado desde mi LG-X240 mediante Tapatalk

HeroMines

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always two sides to every story, but I'd say @SciresM knows that what he did to @ktemkin is a bit absurd.
He hasn't really spoken-up about the situation (and he has every right to stay quiet), but I can't say I didn't see this coming.
Despite what they will tell you, the ReSwitched Team has been struggling to keep Atmosphere afloat and ahead of the competition.
I truly hope to be proven wrong, but as I have previously stated, Atmosphere is dying...and will die, if they don't get a real release to the public soon.
According to the information I was provided, there have been several questionable moves that have been "forbidden" to even talk about on the ReSwitched Discord.
I can't wait for Cleanprincegaming's new video titled: AtmosphereNX didn't just die | It was murdered.

Reactions: ZanderX420

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.