CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
also
if i remove sd card while on sleep to add more games, do i need to go thru the whole rcm thing again?
Never remove the sd card like this. Everything that was written before a fsync was issued, will be corrupted.
Always switch off the device (except if it has unmount USB/SD card option), whatever it is. TV, phone, console, etc.

Has a sleep fix been made for 3.0.0 yet?
Not yet. Even though config seems fine now.

Reactions: tomGER

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Switch's filesystem service has this bug since ever.

Connect your sd card to a windows PC and select everything inside.
Right click, properties, advanced, disable "folder/file is ready for archiving". Done.
Is this only if the files were put on the card with Windows in the first place, or does it happen anyway? If the latter, is there a way to unset that flag from *nix/macos?
e: seen your answer elsewhere about mattrib.

Last edited by hippy dave,

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is this only if the files were put on the card with Windows in the first place, or does it happen anyway? If the latter, is there a way to unset that flag from *nix/macos?
Normally only windows does this, because it's a msdos attribute flag.
But other os can some times create incompatible flags.

To remove this bit on another os, either you reset all the attributes with the os tool, or you use mtools.

The problem is that I reported that bug (because it can't be used for exploits) to Nintendo since update 3.0.2 and they never fixed it.
If they did, you would not see any posts in reddit like this: "I upgraded my sd card and copied back the Nintendo folder but no game or album photo show up." or "switch says there was a problem with sd card, please reboot".
Or here, no homebrew shows up.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normally only windows does this, because it's a msdos attribute flag.
But other os can some times create incompatible flags.

To remove this bit on another os, either you reset all the attributes with the os tool, or you use mtools.

The problem is that I reported that bug (because it can't be used for exploits) to Nintendo since update 3.0.2 and they never fixed it.
If they did, you would not see any posts in reddit like this: "I upgraded my sd card and copied back the Nintendo folder but no game or album photo show up." or "switch says there was a problem with sd card, please reboot".
Or here, no homebrew shows up.
Good info, thanks. Guess that doesn't count as "stability".

Reactions: SleepyPrince

XtremeTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dont want to lose anything, so just replace atmosphere folder altogether, and then replace these certain files:
Screenshot_20180606-085005_RAR.jpg

In /switch/

And the rest of the files in the root of the sd card
And everything should work? Without me having to reinstall all homebrew/lose progress? Thanks for any answers.

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I dont want to lose anything, so just replace atmosphere folder altogether, and then replace these certain files:
View attachment 130560

In /switch/

And the rest of the files in the root of the sd card
And everything should work? Without me having to reinstall all homebrew/lose progress? Thanks for any answers.

Yeah, you can just replace every file ._.

It Crashed when docked and start a emulator.

Can you fix that?

Is there any crash error id?

What’s this Supernag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's something that was introduced with 4.x and blocks nearly all functions until you update

TheKrane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks for compiling this. Now I don't have to worry about my switch going into sleep mode.

I just saw this. Has the problem with the switch not waking up from sleep really been fixed?

EDIT: Just tested this. This is awesome! Now I can take my homebrew switch on the go.

Last edited by TheKrane,

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just saw this. Has the problem with the switch not waking up from sleep really been fixed?

Yup it did ^^

@tomGER did you make any modification to the loader sysmodule? I'm getting a black screen when using my own build.

Yeah, as Brawl said - Exosphere is a custom sm for Atmosphere that (currently) doesn't work with hekate - I have someone that made it actually work without exosphere though (But we will not use that custom exosphere-less version until there is some valid reason to it as it doesn't add anything (except probably some bugs))

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the info! Is there any sources out there? Or are we just using those pre-compiled kip1 files blindly?

There is the open source code you could say is the source but yeah, you're kinda trusting me blindly here ^^' There is no real solution to that though

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Does appstore work for anyone on 5.1.0?

Controls don't work for me, both the touchscreen and buttons do nothing.

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
there
There is the open source code you could say is the source but yeah, you're kinda trusting me blindly here ^^' There is no real solution to that though
There is a way though.

A repo with all sources. And a makefile that traverses the projects, compiles them and copies the binaries to root dir.
And there you add the commit that removes exo api check (and a new branch on hbmenu that has the master commits and merges the touch PR):
Code:
    rc = splInitialize();
    if (R_FAILED(rc))  {
        fatalSimple(0xCAFE << 4 | 3);
    }

/* Check for exosphere API compatibility. */
    u64 exosphere_cfg;
    if (R_FAILED(splGetConfig((SplConfigItem)65000, &exosphere_cfg))) {
        fatalSimple(0xCAFE << 4 | 0xFF);
        /* TODO: Does Loader need to know about target firmware/master key revision? If so, extract from exosphere_cfg. */
    }

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.