Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
- World's first music tool software created for the Nintendo DS

rolleyes.gif

would be cool if it were homebrew, but alas, just another commercial game. I think I'll stick to nitrotracker

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Mmmm... yummy.
The Official Site has an English page.

KORG DS-10

The KORG DS-10 is a music-creation software for the Nintendo DS that combines the superior interface of the Nintendo DS and the design concept of the famous MS-10 synthesizer.

The sound sources in the KORG DS-10 come from KORG - one of the world's top musical instrument producers - and no effort was spared in creating these ultra-high-quality sounds. The Nintendo DS's dual-screen touch panel is used to the fullest to provide a feel and operability that is unsurpassed, and combined with the sensory input mode at the touch-control screen, this unit can be appreciated by the complete novice as well as the seasoned professional.

In addition to the two analog synth simulators and drum module, a 6-track/16-step sequencer enables precise control and provides a wide range of musical possibilities. Several units can be connected and played together through a wireless link, and this and other features make the Nintendo DS and KORG DS-10 almost limitless in their application - they can take you places that no single synthesizer can.

The KORG DS-10 will introduce “stylus music” to the world at the International Musikmesse Frankfurt (Germany).

Description

• World's first music tool software created for the Nintendo DS
  • Two patchable dual-oscillator analog synth simulators:
  • Four-part drum machine that uses sounds created with the analog synth simulator
  • Six-track (analog synth x 2, drum machine x 4) /16-step sequencer
  • Delay, chorus, and flanger sound effects available from the mixing board
  • Three note-entry modes: touch-control screen, keyboard screen, matrix screen
  • Real-time sound control mode via touch-control screen
  • Exchange sounds and songs and play multiple units simultaneously through a wireless communications link

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This would be nice if it came with a USB cable to attach the DS to PC and use the synth as VSTI.. Otherwise it's just a toy.. but still interesting!
smile.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Music knows no language. I would get this if it were written in latin.

SpecificationsSpecifications KORG DS-10
Release date July 2008
Price 4,800 YEN (tax included)
Distributor AQ Interactive, Inc.

*FOR JAPAN ONLY

Looks like we have to wait 3 months tho...and I'll have to convert some dollars to yen...

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, last thing I heard was that this app isn't Japan only after all...
The "*FOR JAPAN ONLY" just refer to the specs (release date, price and distributor), which will obviously vary from country to country...And as Korg is a japanese company, it's just natural they're releasing it in japan first, just like all the japanese game devs do...
It's not like it would stop anyone here from getting their hands on this program if it was a Japan exlusive, anyway
rolleyes.gif

For those who are actually going to buy the DS-10 there's still play-asia...

I also doubt that any text will be in japanese, except for maybe some functions like saving or loading projects, but not the synthesizer itself...
Have you ever seen a synthesizer with knobs labelled with japanese characters?
Look:
screen_01.gif

If you squint, you can clearly see the english text...
Maybe if the program has some kind of instruction manual or direct help function built-in, it'd probably be in japanese, but who knows...

The casual user won't know what the heck he's doing even if the text is in english, anyway
rofl2.gif

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This does look pretty fantastic! I use Nitrotracker at the moment on the DS and some KORG VSTis on the computer but this'll be so much fun while on the go!

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
A Korg Kaoss Pad (ala Mini-KP) simulator for the touchscreen would rock too. I can only dream though heh. Might as well get me one of those Mini-KPs since they're pretty cheap for what they are. (I own a Kaoss Pad 2, want a KP3
ohmy.gif
)

EDIT: Btw here are vids from Musikmesse... really short 30 second ones... probably through a cam phone.

EDIT2: Better vid
sleep.gif
and just discovered there's a Kaoss pad simulator homebrew (KaosDS)

EDIT3: Fuck, there's a Kaossilator style input for it.
biggrin.gif
Yum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1