Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y1Zpi.jpg

The official Konami website is currently promoting plans for Kojima Productions to appear at the upcoming GDC Career Pavillion from March 6-9.

"BIGBOSS wants YOU! THE NEXT MGS," the site reads.

Though a specific installment in the Metal Gear Solid series isn't mentioned, the site does say, "...targeted for high-end consoles and PC," suggesting the developer could be recruiting for MGS5. Kojima Productions will be looking for "engineers, artists, and game creators." The team is inviting all interested parties to visit their booth (#1914) at the event. Specific qualifications are listed on the Konami website.

icon11.gif
Source: Konami

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. I guess the series could use some new talent, maybe even someone to ground them a bit so they can stop doing some crazy ass shit.

Also it seems there's a pattern in the franchise. After every game that everyone loves in the main series, there's on contested sequel which is both loved and hated. Everyone loved Metal Gear Solid, but Metal Gear Solid 2 was contested a bit due to having whinytard Raiden as the main character and also be fucking insane. Metal Gear Solid 3 is a piece of art but people were undecided on Metal Gear Solid 4. So technically everyone will love Metal Gear Solid 5.

...Unless you count Peace Walker as MGS5 (which is very well could be), then the next game will be a bit fucking odd.

As a franchise though, I can't say I hate any of the games, just some of them can be a bit crap (like Portable Ops was such a snoozefest). Although I still haven't played MGS4 though. Anyone feel like giving me a PS3 and a copy of the game?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does MGS 4 even need a sequel? Didn't most of the villains die?

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a sequel to MGS4.

Not to mention you can fit anything in between the gap from MGS3 to Metal Gear. There's also the untapped Raiden plot they could do (since only MGS2 and Revengeance have him as the main character).

Or they could, if they wanted to be interesting, have a game set in WWII and post WWII following the Boss, her relation to the Patriots/Philosophers, as well as her relationship to the Cobra Unit and, in particular, The Sorrow. Maybe it wouldn't feature Metal Gear but it'd still feature one of the series' best characters and add a lot of character to her.

Plus who wouldn't want to play as the Boss?

EDIT: Basically there's so much space in the franchise that they can fit in tons of games. Kinda like Kingdom Hearts except the story here is still (mostly) fleshed out without the plug in games.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate when awesome characters like "the Boss" are put on the back burner. Make her a game already. Step it up, Kojima.

Would those really be considered sequels though? Backstories are usually side games. Ex. KH 358/2 Days, Backstory about Roxas.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate when awesome characters like "the Boss" are put on the back burner. Make her a game already. Step it up, Kojima.

Would those really be considered sequels though? Backstories are usually side games. Ex. KH 358/2 Days, Backstory about Roxas.

Well Peace Walker is particularly story focused. I heard that it was to be named "Metal Gear Solid 5" before it was essentially made a "spin off". Think of it like Resident Evil: Revelations, which Capcom said is basically main series in terms of plot but is only a spin off in name alone. But Portable Ops is pretty forgettable honestly and Ghost Babel isn't canon.

Revengeance is just a chance to make Raiden bad ass and for Platinum Games to do their shit with the Metal Gear license. Apparently it'll have some significant plot focus but it'll probably just be rather minor in terms of canon.

But yeah, a game dedicated to the Boss would be great. She's a great character and personally one of the best "antagonists" (well, antagonist as in she's impeding your mission, not that she's a bad guy) in the series. She has such an interesting story and philosophy. It'd also be nice to see a strong female character as the centerpoint. Seriously, every female character in MGS outside of her is almost a typical "damsel in distress", with a few exceptions (like EVA at times but a lot of the time you have to save her ass and Sniper Wolf).

HIRE ME HIDEO KOJIMA. And hire Hyro-Sama too, we would be the Wonder Twins of MGS development.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of feel bad for Kojima at this point. No matter how many times he claims that he's done with the franchise once and for all, they always find a way to bring it back for more.

That's not to say the results have been bad or anything, but it must be pretty frustrating for him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1