Know Your Game - Shin Megami Tensei IV

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by lcie nimbus, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lcie nimbus
    OP

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    So yada, yada, yah ( insert usual witty banter here ) this weeks game on the fryer is none other than SMT IV, bought to you by ................ME ????....oh shit, was it my turn already ? oh well, lets get on with the show .

RULES and info
    interviews last about a week, thread remains open after week is up, but the questionee does not have to answer.
    these are done in the same fashion as KYT . the public asks the questions . the questionee answers.​

You may ask questions about the game . the persons experiences with the game . and generally topics relating to said game .

If you want to participate in KYG, sign up here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-game-signups-now-open-for-business.448911/

well, that's all for now, so ask away.​

2. lcie nimbus
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Just to make thing clear, i'm doing both Shin Megami Tensei 4 AND it's follow-up, Apocalypse.

3. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    Does it differ from his preddecesros smt main games or it follows the same formula?

4. lcie nimbus
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Apocalypse ? it takes place between the events of Smt 4's White forest chapter and the ending, it's basically a "what if"

5. Chary

Chary Gets impersonated.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Which one do you prefer, IV, or IV Apoc? And does Hallelujah have best mustache, or does he have best mustache?

[​IMG]

6. lcie nimbus
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    IV, and yes, he has the single best stache in Shin Megami.

7. lcie nimbus
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    @Chary
    to elaborate, I like 4 better because of it's darker atmosphere, that sense of danger around every corner, the higher difficulty, the boss battles were FAR tenser and.......THE CAST, don't get me wrong, Apocalypse had a great cast, but Nanashi didn't stand out as the lead character as much as Flynn did, rather it felt like everything you did throughout the game was only assisting Flynn, whereas Flynn, Walter, Jonathan and Isabeau really stood out in their own ways, though Navarre earned the title of Least Important Box Art Character EVER.

Chary likes this.
  8. lcie nimbus
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    damn, no replies. and here i was, wanting to rave on and on about this game.