Gaming Knights in the Nightmare Hype thread

vgshaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The artbook is gorgeous, you can get a glimpse of it on the atlus forums. Heres the link it sends you to
LINK
going to upload the soundtrack now
tongue.gif
, but i guess i'll be sharing it on websites where it's allowd.

vgshaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i.Domination said:
Pretty nice. No fan service though
cry.gif
JK

Atlus always gives cool pre-order things, though I couldn't care less about them.
lol. I figured this was my one game to buy every once in a while. I had to ask for the art book tho. My gamestop didn't give it to me right away D:. I think atlus does a good job of packing in nice extras. Great game, great artbook, and amazing soundtrack. I would definately say it was worth the $35 I paid for it. Keep in mind that's less then a dragon quest game for the ds and it's actually new. Overall, I would say definately worth it in my book. And for those who didn't buy the game, I don't think they should miss out on the soundtrack either :/. Stupid no sharing rules lol.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
probably
biggrin.gif
i always like those artbook that comes with the game, they always looks so fancy and not to forget that glossy feel of the book, it just sends shivers down my spine whenever i flip through each page
biggrin.gif

edit: darn that's one nice book
biggrin.gif
hmm, i wonder if someone managed to scan a copy and dump it into my school server?
biggrin.gif
guess i check once school starts
biggrin.gif

newg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Picked this game up a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it, but kinda stopped playing it.

Picked it up again today, and suddenly everything just clicked, and I can't get enough. really awesome game once you understand what's going on.

It's actually simpler than it seems. And it solves many of the problems i find tedious about rpgs, such as random battles, and annoying rules.

loving it. To anyone initially overwhelmed by this game, stick at it, once you're comfortable with what's going on, you'll find a great rpg with an engaging story, and a very solid battle system, that's enjoyable to play.

dynoma5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually tried this game recently and I'm enjoying it. I like how they mixed in the bullet dodging while at the same time being able to attack. I find it interesting that time is an important factor in the battle. But mann.... I want that artbook it looks really good >

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to Vgchartz.com, the sales were HORRIBLE - 2,500 units sold in first 3 weeks. I realize that vgchartz isn't the best source, but they're always at least in the ballpark. It's sad mostly because this game is so awesome, and games like "Imagine: Babyz" gets many times more sales.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
omatic said:
According to Vgchartz.com, the sales were HORRIBLE - 2,500 units sold in first 3 weeks. I realize that vgchartz isn't the best source, but they're always at least in the ballpark. It's sad mostly because this game is so awesome, and games like "Imagine: Babyz" gets many times more sales.

Ouch. Thank goodness I bought this game. I really wanted to make even the smallest different in terms of sales.

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can't find it anywhere. As usual with Atlus games there is not a single store in this city that will carry them.

On the other hand on the first levels I had a good stream of new characters coming to my team but by scene 7-8 there isn't anybody to recruit anymore: I couldn't recruit some of the best classes like Wizard or Priest into my team. Am I missing something? I try to use a Knight to move then a warrior to open all treasure boxes but I can't find any more items.

Also, do I need to basically restart the game if I missed a recruitment on a scene? It seems so unforgiving for a system that makes it so difficult to recruit new guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now