Hacking Kirby's Return to Dreamland not working

secretchaos1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I decided to go back to Kirby's Return to Dreamland tonight after a long absence from playing it and now I can't seem to get it working at all.
I'm trying to run it under USB Loader Gx r1152, using the latest cIos v8 beta r41 and I've tried using a base of 56 as many threads have said to but I'm still getting a crash after pressing 2 at the title screen.
Before it worked fine under an older revision of cIos, and an older revision of USB Loader Gx so I'm thinking that the updates may have somehow broken compatibility. Is anyone else having this problem, or have the Kirby issues been pinpointed yet and I haven't been using the right methods to run it?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with this.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Well an easy way to see if its usb loader GX or something else thats wrong, is trying another loader. I use CFG v70.
If it doesnt work on that either you could try downgrading to d2x v7 (or maybe even v6, although that shouldnt be needed).

secretchaos1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well an easy way to see if its usb loader GX or something else thats wrong, is trying another loader. I use CFG v70.
If it doesnt work on that either you could try downgrading to d2x v7 (or maybe even v6, although that shouldnt be needed).
I'll give another loader a shot, I'd rather like to avoid downgrading as I use d2x for my nand emulation as well and the more recent revisions have improved compatibility over the past ones.
I'll give it a shot on cfg, thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Yep, postloader runs it fine. Thanks for the tip, I'll go report the issue on Gx's googlecode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here