Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn will supposedly be for New 3DS systems only

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 17, 2018.

Front-page
    3rUPLyE.

The amount of New Nintendo 3DS exclusive titles are few and far between; Minecraft, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, and a handful of others are officially locked to the revised version of the handheld console. However, thanks to the official listing of the game, we might see yet another join the ranks of "New 3DS exclusives". Nintendo's official site has listed Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, the 3DS port of the 2010 Wii game, as only being playable on "New Nintendo 3DS systems only," causing a slight bit of confusion among fans, as this detail was not mentioned anywhere in the Nintendo Direct where the game was revealed. What we do know for certain about the game is that it'll be launching next year in 2019, and will add new features to the original game such as a "Devilish Mode", and new minigame modes.

:arrow: Source

Discussion (65 replies)
  1. Glitchk0ud1001

Glitchk0ud1001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere with Princess Celestia
    Nintendo why? Now i have to buy a New 3DS

2. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 AyyMDionicio3

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    I mean, this isn't that bad

chirogan likes this.
  3. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    I wouldn't mind if it's true (even though I only have an o3DS), but I don't understand why they would not have mentioned this in the Direct at all...

Seems like pretty important info.

4. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    You have got to be fucking kidding me.

HaloEffect17, DrkBeam, Vorde and 2 others like this.
  5. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It's not as if Kirby games have been any good lately and pretty sure it will run fine on Citra, so not a big issue for me (only have O2DS). Would be nice though if they had made it an extended memory game instead, would boost sales greatly...

Subtle Demise likes this.
  6. BiggieCheese

BiggieCheese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2017
    United States
    That’s... more than a little odd. Wasn’t Epic Yarn’s graphics on the Wii mostly just pre-rendered sprite-like textures? I can’t imagine that it would stress the 3DS’s hardware too much, with or without 3D mode enabled and/or even a Circle Pad Pro plugged in if it uses the C-Stick or RZ/LZ buttons.

7. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
  8. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    This game cant dell that well, how many 10 yeaes old bought new 3ds?

9. Skittyusedcovet

Skittyusedcovet Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty

Jul 16, 2018
    Canada
    Where cats are plentiful.
    I would gladly buy this a second time. I really loved playing this on my wii.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Pretty awkward considering that hardly any 3DS games stand out enough to make people buy the new system besides having streamline controls part of the system. Besides SNES games, hardly any 3DS games require a new 3DS to play let alone take advantage of "Circle pad pro" controls.:blink:

cvskid likes this.
  11. OrangeUnicornPeasant

OrangeUnicornPeasant Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2018
    United States
    Wasn’t this decofirmed soemwhere else? I’m pretty sure it was.

12. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    if you play 3ds games in the slightest you pretty much want a new console so much exclusive stuff especially homebrew stuff

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

its listed on nintendo's site as New 3ds only

E1ite007 and Chary like this.
  13. HelpTheWretched

HelpTheWretched GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    From what I saw, this game uses anti-aliasing, which probably means rendering at 800x480 and downsampling. Honestly, the yarn effects would look pretty crappy without it.

14. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    What. They should have said that on the direct .What the hell is happening with the N.

15. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Honestly, it’s about time Nintendo started to use the New 3DS hardware. Support from them has been appalling.

chirogan, E1ite007, EmBlaze and 3 others like this.
  16. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Although I have a N2DS, I'm not interested in the game :P

17. seseiSeki

seseiSeki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2016
    Germany
    As an n3DS owner, I'm disappointed in the number of games that support the extra 0.5 GHz the "new" models have. There are just two exclusives that come to my mind: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and a really slow version of The Binding of Isaac Rebirth. (Well, and Minecraft, since it was mentioned in this article.) It's nice to see, that there finally is a new game for this console. But that still doesn't justify rebuying a 3DS at a higher price a few years ago. In my opinion, if it wasn't for homebrew, the n3DS would've been pretty useless.

18. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    As much as I can understand the frustration, honestly I don't care. Mostly because I'll probably skip the game given it's mostly just a port of the Wii version, right? Honestly, I don't really see the point. It feels like Nintendo has just given up on actually introducing new ideas. Even the whole yarn thing wasn't really something new when it was introduced--the concept is as old as Yoshi's Island and so it's little wonder there's a yarn version of that as well.

It's times like this I really wish Nintendo would do something actually interesting/daring. More than just Labo, I mean.

19. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Homebrew has supported the New 3DS model more than Nintendo has! Sad.