Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn will supposedly be for New 3DS systems only

3rUPLyE.png

The amount of New Nintendo 3DS exclusive titles are few and far between; Minecraft, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, and a handful of others are officially locked to the revised version of the handheld console. However, thanks to the official listing of the game, we might see yet another join the ranks of "New 3DS exclusives". Nintendo's official site has listed Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, the 3DS port of the 2010 Wii game, as only being playable on "New Nintendo 3DS systems only," causing a slight bit of confusion among fans, as this detail was not mentioned anywhere in the Nintendo Direct where the game was revealed. What we do know for certain about the game is that it'll be launching next year in 2019, and will add new features to the original game such as a "Devilish Mode", and new minigame modes.

:arrow: Source

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's not as if Kirby games have been any good lately and pretty sure it will run fine on Citra, so not a big issue for me (only have O2DS). Would be nice though if they had made it an extended memory game instead, would boost sales greatly...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s... more than a little odd. Wasn’t Epic Yarn’s graphics on the Wii mostly just pre-rendered sprite-like textures? I can’t imagine that it would stress the 3DS’s hardware too much, with or without 3D mode enabled and/or even a Circle Pad Pro plugged in if it uses the C-Stick or RZ/LZ buttons.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty awkward considering that hardly any 3DS games stand out enough to make people buy the new system besides having streamline controls part of the system. Besides SNES games, hardly any 3DS games require a new 3DS to play let alone take advantage of "Circle pad pro" controls.:blink:

Reactions: cvskid

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo why? Now i have to buy a New 3DS
if you play 3ds games in the slightest you pretty much want a new console so much exclusive stuff especially homebrew stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wasn’t this decofirmed soemwhere else? I’m pretty sure it was.
its listed on nintendo's site as New 3ds only

Reactions: E1ite007 and Chary

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As an n3DS owner, I'm disappointed in the number of games that support the extra 0.5 GHz the "new" models have. There are just two exclusives that come to my mind: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and a really slow version of The Binding of Isaac Rebirth. (Well, and Minecraft, since it was mentioned in this article.) It's nice to see, that there finally is a new game for this console. But that still doesn't justify rebuying a 3DS at a higher price a few years ago. In my opinion, if it wasn't for homebrew, the n3DS would've been pretty useless.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I can understand the frustration, honestly I don't care. Mostly because I'll probably skip the game given it's mostly just a port of the Wii version, right? Honestly, I don't really see the point. It feels like Nintendo has just given up on actually introducing new ideas. Even the whole yarn thing wasn't really something new when it was introduced--the concept is as old as Yoshi's Island and so it's little wonder there's a yarn version of that as well.

It's times like this I really wish Nintendo would do something actually interesting/daring. More than just Labo, I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: females don't exist