Gaming Kirby Super Star Ultra

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Houou said:
Guys, it's a remake of a game that is almost 15 years old, mostly using sprites that have been recycled for several GBA/DS Kirby games.
Sure it'll be great fun, and I'll play it and enjoy it, but amazing? This is a lazy cash in, nothing more.
Ban Request for this please!

This is the best Kirby game PERIOD.

Shockingly overlooked when it first came out, has amazing co-op play, improved graphics, new modes, new everything basically.

In short, you're wrong.

In long, you're wronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnng.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gacktgacktgackt said:
Houou said:
Guys, it's a remake of a game that is almost 15 years old, mostly using sprites that have been recycled for several GBA/DS Kirby games.
Sure it'll be great fun, and I'll play it and enjoy it, but amazing? This is a lazy cash in, nothing more.

Shockingly overlooked when it first came out, has amazing co-op play, improved graphics, new modes, new everything basically.

In short, you're wrong.

In long, you're wronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnng.
Don't go asking for the banhammer when this guy hasn't done anything wrong. His statement is partially true, and I don't think you guys should flame him for having an opinion. Sheesh
rolleyes.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gacktgacktgackt said:
Houou said:

In short, you're wrong.

nnnnnng.
you played it?

PlutonPress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
gacktgacktgackt said:
Houou said:

In short, you're wrong.

nnnnnng.
you played it?

In his heart.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Houou said:

Hi, SongRui! Did your Empire Total War installs run out?

/sarcasm

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country
gacktgacktgackt said:
Houou said:

Where did I say it isn't? I played through this game about 7 times, 3 of these were 100% runs. I absolutely love this game - there's no question (I rarely play a game more than once or twice). However, I don't see why we are hyping a port of a 15 year old game.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have it tonight, and its a big release, im gonna be shocked if it isnt dumped by 10, pokemon got dumped like 4+ days before release, and dragon ball DS like 3 days before. Most games come out the day before, especially big ones.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Houou said:
gacktgacktgackt said:
Houou said:

Where did I say it isn't? I played through this game about 7 times, 3 of these were 100% runs. I absolutely love this game - there's no question (I rarely play a game more than once or twice). However, I don't see why we are hyping a port of a 15 year old game.
Games for the DS are dry, my friend. We need something to look forward to...

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Houou said:
gacktgacktgackt said:
Houou said:

Because of people like me who haven't played it, yet hear about how great it is by all these people here.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
I hope you can change his color like in most Kirby games. I just love playing around as different colored Kirbies. :X
I'm not sure if you can. One of the highlights in the original was that Kirby changes colors with certain abilities:

Beam- yellow
Ice- blue
Ninja- purple
Fire- red
Stone- purple (I think)

So on. Some abilities didn't do this, but many did. Screens of the DS version confirm that these color changes will be present.

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:

That review is FAKE.

1. In revenge of Meta-Knight, you don't play as him.

2. Besides, the new mode Meta-Knight Ultra: It lets you play EVERY GAME as Meta-Knight (Source: Nintendo Power review, it got a 9/10
biggrin.gif
) so go crazy!

3. The picture on that site isn't even his, it's a really old snapshot of an E3 Scan.

4. All he's complaining about is, "It didn't have this because I'm the most picky gamer ever."
hate2.gif

He's just another bad reviewer that clearly didn't like the 1st Kirby Super Star Ultra.

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Houou said:
Dude! The first game was the BEST! And im confident that those who never got NES emulators will LOOOVE to play it! I SURE AM!!! ITs SOOO LONG AND FUN!!!!!
yaynds.gif

omegakyogre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad we didn't have to wait too long for this one. This one's sure to bring back great memories.

Alright Nintendo, now that Super Star's been remade, we need a remake of Dream Land 3. Those are my two favorite kirby games... (Dream Land 3 > Kirby 64 in my mind because 64 was basically a 3D Dream Land 3 + combinable powers - helpers. It was fun, but there were entire levels that were nearly exact copies of DL3 levels. Also, 64 was too short.)

Above all else we need Kirby Wii (and we needed Kirby GCN). Please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153