Hacking Kingston 2, 4 or 8GB in terms of rom compatability?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does it make a difference with M3Real + GBA exp. if you have the 2, 4 or 8 GB Kingston? Like, does the Castlevania or TWEWY freeze or lag with the larger memory cards or not? I heard the 2 Gb one runs fine with all games, but I'm not sure about the 4 or 8 GB ones. Or is there any other high capacity memory card for the M3Real which manages to run all games without glitches? Thanks!
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theplasmastorm said:
what matters more is their class (2,4,6) and manufacturer (sandisk, kingston)
class only refers to write speeds so it really has nothing to do with the games running since pretty much its always reading and writing a small amount of data time to time

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
theplasmastorm said:
what matters more is their class (2,4,6) and manufacturer (sandisk, kingston)
class only refers to write speeds so it really has nothing to do with the games running since pretty much its always reading and writing a small amount of data time to time

Actually, if I recall some games may be accessed differently and may require to have their data loaded a little bit faster (thus the reason for the slowdown in the opening of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow).

I got a Class 6 micro sd card and any games that had any sort of problem (TWEWY with it's freezing cutscene, Dawn of Sorrow's opening slowing, and Portrait of Ruin's freezing) were completely fixed. The funny thing is that the new card was Transcend which is (from what I've read) less reliable than Kingston or Sandisk (my original micro sd that had any sort of problem was Kingston Class 4).

Class does seem to make a difference, but there's only like 3 or 4 games with problems, so it shouldn't actually make a difference.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing a majority of the cards made probably all come out of the same chinese factory and just get different brands stamped on them. I have two adata 4GB class 6 cards(one for my m3 and one for my daughters) and haven't run into a single game that has had problems that wasn't related to some sort of AP or a bug in firmware. I'd recommend adata as their relatively cheap(got mine for $7each a year ago) and work perfectly fine.

XXNatus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know sd cards can affect performance on a handful of games, but they do not affect compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1