Kingston 2, 4 or 8GB in terms of rom compatability?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Fel, Dec 22, 2009.

Dec 22, 2009
  1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Does it make a difference with M3Real + GBA exp. if you have the 2, 4 or 8 GB Kingston? Like, does the Castlevania or TWEWY freeze or lag with the larger memory cards or not? I heard the 2 Gb one runs fine with all games, but I'm not sure about the 4 or 8 GB ones. Or is there any other high capacity memory card for the M3Real which manages to run all games without glitches? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. jackryan

Newcomer jackryan Member

United States
    I've used all three sizes (2,4,8) without any problems.

3. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
    I'm pretty sure that game compatibility is independent of card size.

4. theplasmastorm

Newcomer theplasmastorm Advanced Member

United States
    what matters more is their class (2,4,6) and manufacturer (sandisk, kingston)

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    class only refers to write speeds so it really has nothing to do with the games running since pretty much its always reading and writing a small amount of data time to time

6. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Actually, if I recall some games may be accessed differently and may require to have their data loaded a little bit faster (thus the reason for the slowdown in the opening of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow).

I got a Class 6 micro sd card and any games that had any sort of problem (TWEWY with it's freezing cutscene, Dawn of Sorrow's opening slowing, and Portrait of Ruin's freezing) were completely fixed. The funny thing is that the new card was Transcend which is (from what I've read) less reliable than Kingston or Sandisk (my original micro sd that had any sort of problem was Kingston Class 4).

Class does seem to make a difference, but there's only like 3 or 4 games with problems, so it shouldn't actually make a difference.

7. Dark Justice

Newcomer Dark Justice Member

United States
    I just bought a class 6 Transcend 8GB Memory card so I hope it has no problems..

8. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    im using a sandisk class 4 8gb with my m3i zero and its great

9. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    I'm guessing a majority of the cards made probably all come out of the same chinese factory and just get different brands stamped on them. I have two adata 4GB class 6 cards(one for my m3 and one for my daughters) and haven't run into a single game that has had problems that wasn't related to some sort of AP or a bug in firmware. I'd recommend adata as their relatively cheap(got mine for $7each a year ago) and work perfectly fine.

10. XXNatus

Member XXNatus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As far as I know sd cards can affect performance on a handful of games, but they do not affect compatibility.