Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There has been some talk amongst Kingdom Hearts 2 fans that Square would eventually bring Final Mix+ to the English-speaking shores. They have announced that, partially. The 3D remake of Chain of Memories for the Game Boy Advance is slated to be coming to America this December, as a standalone game. This means no KH2FM+, but at the very least, we get one of the bigger bonuses of that game package. Something that all series fans should consider picking up and trying, even if they've already beaten the GBA installment. =P

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6197934.html

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow, I actually just DLed the japanese version.
tongue.gif

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The GBA version was pretty cool as it was the only card-battling rpg I liked. As for this one can't wait till it comes out.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the whole series, and enjoyed the CoM game. I am curious if maybe there will be a secret cutscene to reference the new games?

Oh, and FTA: Since when is the PSP game coming out (in J) before the DS game (in J)? I thought the PSP game was nowhere near finished, and they were just tweaking the DS one? Not that it really matters, I will play both, whenever they are released.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've been looking forward to this for a long time. CoM was one of the hardest games on the GBA, most people never finished it (including me). I expect it to be infinitely easier and more enjoyable on the PS2.

However, I'm a bit disappointed it's not attached to a KH: Final Mix and KH2: Final Mix+ compilation. As much as I loved KH2, it's half the game Final Mix+ was. The original was almost like an unfinished version when you consider the sheer amount of content added to FM+. Still, I'm holding out hope that they'll be released eventually. Perhaps ported to the Wii.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is great! I was wanting to play this for the PS2 insanely bad. I beat the game, then got like forty ultima weapons and had every skill and two maxed Soras (yeah...) and a maxed Riku.

Awesome game. loved it. Can't wait.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
I've been looking forward to this for a long time. CoM was one of the hardest games on the GBA, most people never finished it (including me). I expect it to be infinitely easier and more enjoyable on the PS2.

However, I'm a bit disappointed it's not attached to a KH: Final Mix and KH2: Final Mix+ compilation. As much as I loved KH2, it's half the game Final Mix+ was. The original was almost like an unfinished version when you consider the sheer amount of content added to FM+. Still, I'm holding out hope that they'll be released eventually. Perhaps ported to the Wii.
Um? I didn't find it hard at all. I thought it was a great game, and din't find it very hard to complete.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Warcueid said:
Ace Gunman said:

Um? I didn't find it hard at all. I thought it was a great game, and din't find it very hard to complete.
I didn't say everyone found it difficult.
tongue.gif
But a lot of people did, so many so that a group compiled all of the "cutscenes" and boss fights into a film and released it for those who couldn't beat the actual game so they'd be aware of the story come KH2.

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I love the whole series, and enjoyed the CoM game. I am curious if maybe there will be a secret cutscene to reference the new games?

There's new scenes with Organization members and whatnot but nothing referencing the new games. To my recollection of the Japanese version anyway.

Will be very nice to play the game in English, was about to go through it again.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
i found out on ign about this, now all i want IS FM MIX 2 ARRGHH.
Damn you square and you giving america 'extra feature' = 1 - 5 extra things, compared to final mix's = 20.

Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed a lot of people on the source's forums bitching about this game, how it's not the complete Final Mix+ and all. I mean...come on, Square is pretty notorious for not releasing their International/Megabonus versions of games stateside. This is something after all! I'm thinking, woot, at least it'd be interesting to see the game in it's full 3D glory.

Though I can't help but wonder what the price is gonna be.

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I agree. People should be happy they're giving us this, hopefully this is their way of testing the waters so we can get future iterations of international versions. And I believe the rumored price was $30. Hope that's true too.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XeonZ said:
Yeah, I agree. People should be happy they're giving us this, hopefully this is their way of testing the waters so we can get future iterations of international versions. And I believe the rumored price was $30. Hope that's true too.
Yeah, its been confirmed for $29.99 at Siliconera. I already played Re:Chain of Memories and Final Mix but its good to see that Square is attempting to bring the games over here. That might mean they will bring not only Final Mix (thought it probably won't happen) but also Birth By Sleep and 358/2 Days.

Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$30 is pretty standard fare for a remake, anymore. I'd pay it. And I wasn't even that good at CoM to begin with! =P

I still would've liked FFXII Zodiac thing, but ah well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ