'Kingdom Hearts IV' announced

KINGDOM_HEARTS_IV_logo_EN_rgb_wt.png

As part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, Square Enix and Disney have announced that the next installment, Kingdom Hearts IV, is in early development. An announcement trailer was aired for the occasion:

In the announcement trailer, Sora makes a triumphant return with an updated look at the beginning of an epic new storyline titled the “Lost Master Arc.” Beginning with Sora facing off in a boss battle against a giant enemy, players are introduced to the Quadratum, a large, expansive city set in a gorgeous, realistic world unlike anything ever seen before in the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Fans will be excited to see the return of Sora’s well-known companions Donald and Goofy, in addition to the first appearance of Strelitzia, a mysterious new character who appears before Sora in this strange new setting.

Also announced today is the brand-new mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Missing Link, which is set to launch on Android and iOS devices as a closed beta sometime this year in specific locations.

Given that Kingdom Hearts IV is in early development, not much else is known about the launch window or the platforms it will launch on at this time.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You literally have zero understanding of which team works on what. If not, you're welcome to prove me wrong with a list of employees which work on ff7 remake and which on KH.

Nomura doesn't need to work on FF7 Remake, the scenario is likely finalized and gameplay-wise they don't have the budget to change things too much. Only thing I expect is they'll do open-world at some point.

Nomura said they're aiming for the middle or end of this generation, so likely 2024-2026.

So you want each story to be the same and follow the same structure? Gotcha. For that you are welcome to enjoy many of the Hollywood classics, for example CSI - every episode starts and ends the same. Enjoy..

You don't want to know.

Because a video game existing somehow hurts your little pride, ok. Gamers are worse than ultras.

They literally showed pre-alpha development footage which doesn't seem to be anything more than a pre-render for one world.

Kingdom Hearts was never about the ending. The main focus is enjoying the ride..
Yikes, this wall of text reeks of bootlicking. Enjoy being Nomura's little slave

Reactions: DSoryu

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want each story to be the same and follow the same structure? Gotcha. For that you are welcome to enjoy many of the Hollywood classics, for example CSI - every episode starts and ends the same. Enjoy..
Oh i'd be perfectly happy with any heartfelt story and memorable characters, regardless of structure. preferably with a clear and clever story, but as I said, even that I'm not too picky about. just don't want a boring nothing dud for a story or characters. Something new and original would be brilliant and wonderful, but i'm setting the bar incredibly low with my expectation of just "heartfelt and good characters". which still wasn't enough for kingdom hearts 3 (in my book).

Reactions: Guacaholey

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't let the KH writer (the writer from threads of fate) write kh3 to pay off all the stuff he set up, instead choosing to hire someone to sloppily glue it all together

This is probably gonna be nonsense story-wise

Stario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
We can say anything we want about Tetsura Yomura as a history writter but... in terms of character design and graphic art style this man never disappoints me

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I was ready to exhale that this retarded plot is finally over.
Oh shit, here we go again
Never gonna happen. Squenix knows it can make the writing as convoluted and idiotic as possible and Kingdom Hearts fans will eat the shit piled on their plate like it's a rare truffle. We're long past the point where it's a story about Sora trying to find his friends, now it's save the world from whatever villain they have planned and drawing it out for several games and everyone and their mother has the "legendary" Keyblade.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never gonna happen. Squenix knows it can make the writing as convoluted and idiotic as possible and Kingdom Hearts fans will eat the shit piled on their plate like it's a rare truffle. We're long past the point where it's a story about Sora trying to find his friends, now it's save the world from whatever villain they have planned and drawing it out for several games and everyone and their mother has the "legendary" Keyblade.
well they couldnt have sora look for his friends for all eternity, lol

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well they couldnt have sora look for his friends for all eternity, lol
Given that's the plot of KH I, CoM (but Sora looks for Naminé) , II, BBS (replace Sora with Ventus) and Dream Drop Distance (Sora and Riku look for each other during the Mark of Mastery exam), they really have no problem with reusing that plot. Hell, they even worked Sora looking for his friends into KHIII.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't they say that one of the reasons KH3 took so long to make was because the custom engine they were originally using was too difficult to program with, and couldn't do a lot of the things they wanted? Once they switched to Unreal, development sped up exponentially. They've already said that KH4 is being developed in Unreal 4, and that they'll port it over to Unreal 5 once it's fully released and available for them to do so.

I figure KH4 ought to be finished and released either 2023 or 2024, since there shouldn't be any engine troubles this time around, and the new mobile game they mentioned is as a sort of stop-gap to tide people over until then.

HippyJ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Kingdom Hearts 4 Announced - Since the epilogue of Kingdom Hearts 3 was released in a form of an expansion content, and due to the commercial success of the game (self proclaimed)

we have decided that you dweebs must pay an additional 100 bucks if you want to play as Sora and view the true ending, another 20 bucks to play and unlock each chapter, and 10 bucks to unlock the hidden boss.
The base game will only contain the prologue and the only playable character is Stitch from "Lilo and Stitch", thank you for allowing us to milk your wallets and hope it will continue for more decades to come!

For Those Who Pre Ordered The Game, we will add Lebron James from Space Jam A New Legacy and Dwayne The Rock Johnson From Jumanji as AI controlled partners in Goofy and Donald's place throughout the whole game.
Screw The Final Fantasy Characters and the fanbase! We'll just give you guys Tonberries and Cactuars to represent Square and slap a few product placements while we're at it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace_Axel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: It's likely gonna be a bear in a catsuit