XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
stab244 said:
djricekcn said:
stab244 said:
KHfan1 said:
So far it seems the check does two things, first it shuts down the memory stick, then it reads from the umd. That is why having the umd in the drive allows the game to run.

But if it shuts down the memory stick, how does the data from the game get read?

that's why you need the UMD to continue.

On an unrelated matter, does Army of Two work with D3 or seeing the same situation?
Wait, do you mean the BBS UMD or any UMD in general? It would help if it was any UMD in general...

if it stops reading from Memory Stick, that means you would need a KH:BBS UMD. It's trying to load game data from UMD and not the memory stick and since it's destination doesn't have the data, it stays at the black screen due to not being able to obtain the data it needs.

This would explain why KH:BBS isn't able for a download on the JPSN

I can't imagine this being the reason why it isn't available on PSN. If they were to implement this in every game, nothing would be available on PSN, meaning the PSP Go wouldn't be able to play ANY new releases.

Ulttimaa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
djricekcn said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
I knew sony had a spellbook up their sleeve when 1 week before the Release of Fireteam Bravo they PUSHED it to 20-fucking-10

Some white hat bastard who works for sony probably called sony and said

"we got it....we have found a way...you might want to see this for yourself"

"interesting....lets delay all the psp games and inplement this new security measure, and say we are "improving" them....

how are they a bastard for wanting to protect their IP and their third party IPs...

THEIR GAMES ARE OVER PRICED.

That's really no excuse. Square and every other Game developer has a RIGHT to protect their products from being pirated. Piracy has no proper backing, you can't use any reason that you have to back up pirating a game in the court of law(Outside of MAYBE saying you own the game, but you know).

dmasterzr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow so much info to take in lol, well im gonna leave check up on this forum tomorrow
tongue.gif

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ulttimaa said:
I can't imagine this being the reason why it isn't available on PSN. If they were to implement this in every game, nothing would be available on PSN, meaning the PSP Go wouldn't be able to play ANY new releases.
Since the PSP Go has stuff that the regular PSPs don't have they can bypass that. Have it check if it is a PSP Go and if it is then it'll let it run. If not, then it'll cut off Mem Stick access and then try to run from UMD. I think that this might work, but I'm not sure. Limited programming knowledge here.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

I'm pretty sure this portion wasn't Sony's decision, but Square-Enix's decision, or they both agree to have one released on PSN down the road after a certain amount of time or it has been cracked. This is the first game for PSP(at least somewhat of a big title) that hasn't been released on JPSN on the same official date since they implemented the PSP store.

_EX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ulttimaa said:

If it were avaliable on psn then we could just patch that iso. It would be easier because it doesnt require a 6.20 UMD and it gets its data from a memory source which isnt the UMD.
I think newer games will do this also. That means that pspgo can only play crappy games that couldnt afford security.

Ulttimaa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
QUOTE said:

I'm pretty sure this portion wasn't Sony's decision, but Square-Enix's decision, or they both agree to have one released on PSN down the road. This is the first game for PSP(at least somewhat of a big title) that hasn't been released on JPSN on the same official date since they implemented the PSP store.

Hm, I guess. That's possible, then I suppose.

KHfan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_EX said:
Ulttimaa said:

If it were avaliable on psn then we could just patch that iso. It would be easier because it doesnt require a 6.20 UMD and it gets its data from a memory source which isnt the UMD.
I think newer games will do this also. That means that pspgo can only play crappy games that couldnt afford security.

I agree, as many will soon find out, the psp go is a bad buy. Disney and Square won't be the only ones to do this.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah, and Sony Japan are allowing you to trade your GO for a 3000 even though it's not publicized. THey do it for free

Shugaray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Im new on here but ive been following it to see that the problem it shuts off by the ms then goes to UMD.
Is there any coders who could code it so it reverses that? and btw does army of two have the same problem?

WeaponKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
stab244 said:
Since the PSP Go has stuff that the regular PSPs don't have they can bypass that. Have it check if it is a PSP Go and if it is then it'll let it run. If not, then it'll cut off Mem Stick access and then try to run from UMD. I think that this might work, but I'm not sure. Limited programming knowledge here.
It wouldn't work. Old PSPs can also download PSN games.

mattwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KHfan1 said:
mattwo said:
They haven't even released a demo yet -.-

They won't ever release a demo, as seen with other KH games. From what I have heard Disney doesn't allow it.

Other KH games didn't have digital distribution. Also KHII had a demo in FFX-2 IV didn't it?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mattwo said:
KHfan1 said:
mattwo said:
They haven't even released a demo yet -.-

They won't ever release a demo, as seen with other KH games. From what I have heard Disney doesn't allow it.

Other KH games didn't have digital distribution. Also KHII had a demo in FFX-2 IV didn't it?

it had a video, square-enix hasn't released a demo since ffxi beta i think

fullwall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WeaponKnight said:
stab244 said:
It wouldn't work. Old PSPs can also download PSN games.

Which is why it would check if it is an old PSP, and if it is then cut off MS access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    mmmm those scrumptious tadpoles :wub:
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @AncientBoi did your phone autocorrect assholes to tadpoles?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats child abuse
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not destroy or eat.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Is swallowing considered cannibalism?
    +2
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec