Kingdom hearts 358/2 Releasedate

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by LivingToDie, Dec 27, 2008.

Dec 27, 2008
  1. LivingToDie
    OP

Banned LivingToDie Banned

Netherlands
    hi

they say that kh 358/2 will be released in februari (in japan) but ''somewhere else'' they say that japan has decided to wait till spring

what should i believe ?

2. ryukyus

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yep you heard right, they are delaying for some odd reason

3. LivingToDie
    OP

Netherlands
    y'know i dont have any trust anymore... they just KEEP delaying... im getting crazy of it ... first they even said they would release it in the summer of 2008 !
    i bet that when it comes to spring they that they will delay it till summer...

4. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Probably. And SE is notorious for delays. Had they stuck to their original dates, and the entire Final Fantasy series had come out EXACTLY when they should have, we probably would have gotten Final Fantasy 12 in the year 2000!

Of course, there's a possibility that they are delaying it to better the game. I seriously doubt that though. They always do it to build up hype.

At least it's not as bad as Black Sigil. That game has been in development since about 2003 or 2004. It was supposed to come out finally this past spring. Got delayed until quarter 2. Then was supposed to come out in October, November, and December. Now it's "early next year" according to Studio Archcraft's CEO. :facepalm:

5. ryukyus

United States
    dude I read an article from dsfanboy, and sili and the game is being delayed till spring, I'm pretty sure it's for the reason you said, to build up hype, and the battle system is not like the second Kh, IT'S JUST LIKE THE FIRST ONE

6. LivingToDie
    OP

Netherlands
    like in the summer i had the patience ... i taught i hope i can play in winter or something and now ... its winter now i hope i can play the game winter NEXT YEAR... its driving me nuts

7. granville

United States
    In all honesty, the battle system of KH1 was much more challenging than the second. The battles for KH2 may have been insanely fun, but they were really dumbed down in the difficulty to where my 6 year old cousin with very little game experience could beat it without much problem. Reaction commands looked incredible, but they just made the game easier. And all the insane combos added in KH2 and their ultra-damaging moves made the game quite the cakewalk. I think KH2 is great, but KH1 was much harder. For that, I applaud the battle system. If you're complaining about KH1's battle system, you must not have liked it much. That's fine though, but I do.

I have no doubts the game will be good, but the delays are ridiculous.

8. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    Gosh i know how u feel i was like omg omg summer then feb now spring T_T

9. ryukyus

United States
    don't get me wrong I love the KH series, I was just pointing out that the KH2 battle was way more fun, and the animation scenes during battle were awesome, I mostly play because the series are awesome, now I just need to get a psp to play birth by sleep, I think anyone would agree that KH2 battle system was awesome, and I think I know why they are delaying because of dsi, I heard they were going to make a bundle just like the new final fantasy crystal chronicles

10. granville

United States
    The KH2 battles LOOKED more awesome, but as I said, they were much easier. I hope this game is hard! [​IMG]

I hope later on, you can change keyblades. I at least would like to see Roxas wield Oathkeeper and Oblivion.

11. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    I never really got a chance to play KH before my PS2 broke :/ , so I'm waiting for this and Birth by Sleep's release on PSP. Both look awesome IMO [​IMG]

12. Nocturnius

Member Nocturnius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Aside from Game Play I just want the game to be "dark" like KH2 was and not as cartoony or should I say umm More of a disney game only, like kh1 was. Loved both games but lh1 threw me off with a disney colorful atmosphere with not much square-enix style of game.

13. granville

United States
    Dark this game almost certainly will be. It will also very likely be pretty tragic. There will be a few Disney worlds where it will be happy and bright, but most of the main story is sure to dark. We're talking about a game based off Organization 13 after all!

14. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    Trust me, every good game lately has been delayed

15. xCuteBunnyx

Member xCuteBunnyx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why don't they just release the game in every region on the same day?

16. LivingToDie
    OP

Netherlands
    yeah... there are really many questions to ask the japanese makers of kingdom hearts... like why there is more delay T_T