Kiefer Sutherland is to voice Snake in MGS V

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not Nicholas Cage as Solid Snake? I think it would work out pretty well. After all, he has a better voice for video games than Kiefer Sutherland.

qJu5bc0.jpg

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That tweet shows he's not taking it well. Maybe I'm just not a huge Hayter fan but all his tweets just sound very whiny. But perhaps that's the point because this is likely some ruse, like the entire "Phantom Pain" thing. I don't remember Kojima pulling weird stunts in the past (not that I really followed anything about him), but all of this just doesn't seem entertaining to me.
Dude, I agree....Something isn't right about all these tweets. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but there is something going on. It's all too surreal.

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Certainly would of made the boss fight against "the pain" that much better... oh no! not the bees! Ahhhhhhhh!
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Seriously now, why in the world they chose not to include David Hayter? It's completely illogical and it destroys over 15 years of MGS legacy...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certainly would of made the boss fight against "the pain" that much better... oh no! not the bees! Ahhhhhhhh!

The funny thing about his picture, I only had to adjust the size ever so slightly, it was almost as if it was meant to be used with Photoshop.

Uhhh I don't think so.

Pretty sure I was being serious ;)

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already mentioned in the past that I'm fine with a VA change for this game, as it's the end period of the transition from Naked Snake to Big Boss, but really, Kiefer Sutherland? Surely there had to have been a better choice somewhere along the line.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess if this really is a publicity stunt (which I think it is), then it's working. For a video showing off a new VA there was sure very little voice acting and a lot of ridiculous facial expressions.

snakepliskin2334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok look I know we are all saddened by David Hayter not playing snake in the new metal gear but let's get one thing straight. Sutherland is playing big boss aka Jack aka naked snake from metal gear solid 3 snake eater and what I think they are doing from here on out with all the mgs games is playing up to the part where big boss went rogue and started outer heaven inc.. With this in mind David Hayter might come back as a young snake if they ever decided to remake metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 solid snake with updated graphics and voice overs.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no issue with someone taking over as Snake. David Hayter was iconic to the role but I personally don't think he's an amazing actor/VO. Not bad, but not excellent. Considering the tech they talked about in the pre-E3 video, getting a real actor (meaning like does actual acting) like Sutherland is a good idea, to capture the facial animations of Snake and all the subtleties in his inflections.

I don't think we should discredit Sutherland until we really see his performance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    C @ Clayton44333: with settings updated