• Replies 37
  • Likes 1

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it matter? the character he voices isn't in the game so I do not see the need for him to be one of the va. If I were to be subjective to my experiences though I'd say I don't enjoy the voice hayter brought to the tale anyways.

He voiced Big Boss in MGS 3, Portable Ops, and Peace Walker, so it's still "his" character.

They're probably changing the voice because they want an older sounding Big Boss, as they did in MGS 4, but I could understand how he might feel snubbed.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
does it matter? the character he voices isn't in the game so I do not see the need for him to be one of the va. If I were to be subjective to my experiences though I'd say I don't enjoy the voice hayter brought to the table anyways.

....ahem, Hayter has voiced both Solid Snake and Naked Snake/Big Boss. It seems like you're not really familiar with the games.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
....ahem, Hayter has voiced both Solid Snake and Naked Snake/Big Boss. It seems like you're not really familiar with the games.
you are right I played mgs 1, vr missions, and 2 and that's all. I have seen the trailers and some gameplay for 3 and 4 but I guess that is more than enough to discredit my opinion in your eyes. I still stand by my saying that I'm not a fan of hayter though.

He voiced Big Boss in MGS 3, Portable Ops, and Peace Walker, so it's still "his" character.

They're probably changing the voice because they want an older sounding Big Boss, as they did in MGS 4, but I could understand how he might feel snubbed.
Ah so even though I was wrong there seems to be a reason why hayter still wouldn't be in this game. Thanks for giving me a friendlier response too.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My reaction when David Hayer was not voice acting:
b8396f6c56971a3ffefaae9d8e6b12b9.gif

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck you guys for stealing my material. Fuck puns, I'm useless trivia guy now.

Little Known Fact: David Hayter was one of the screenwriters responsible for the first two X-Men films.
Better update the signature, Guild Gahars. Why you gotta be a Hayter?

EDIT: Got a great phrase that'll do wonders for the new sig:
It's always trivial on the Temp.

Reactions: Gahars

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This had better be an April Fools joke.
It's a big April fools.

Polygon.com said:

(Actual tweet here)

I'm kinda bummed about it as well. Although another VA (Richard Doyle) voiced an older Big Boss in MGS4, and apparently, Big Boss in TPP is supposed to be nearing his older age... I guess to Kojima it would make sense to cast perhaps the same MGS4 VA or someone that isn't Hayter for BB.

Technically, Hayter has voiced: Solid Snake, Naked Snake (young Big Boss), Big Boss (matured), and Old Snake (gruffy)... Not question Hayter's VA talent or anything, but, maybe Kojima or someone in voice casting thinks that all of his voices are starting to get muffled together and may be confused at this point...?

I would personally like Hayter back, very much. His voice talent is every bit iconic as the "Snakes" of the series themselves. :(

Where is this from?

Dreyen's Twitch stream, "/v/idya Rumble" series
(there's a schedule up of his stream times somewhere, think he streams a few times a week, if not, at least once a week)

He pretty much uses WWE '13 and creates characters that look hilariously similar to video game characters and has them fight, set to music from their series. He even began to incorporate story mode, tourneys, and such. It's fucking great.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He pretty much uses WWE '13 and creates characters that look hilariously similar to video game characters and has them fight, set to music from their series. He even began to incorporate story mode, tourneys, and such. It's fucking great.

How am I not surprised that Hotline Miami is in the finals?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
(Actual tweet here)

I'm kinda bummed about it as well. Although another VA (Richard Doyle) voiced an older Big Boss in MGS4, and apparently, Big Boss in TPP is supposed to be nearing his older age... I guess to Kojima it would make sense to cast perhaps the same MGS4 VA or someone that isn't Hayter for BB.

Technically, Hayter has voiced: Solid Snake, Naked Snake (young Big Boss), Big Boss (matured), and Old Snake (gruffy)... Not question Hayter's VA talent or anything, but, maybe Kojima or someone in voice casting thinks that all of his voices are starting to get muffled together and may be confused at this point...?

I would personally like Hayter back, very much. His voice talent is every bit iconic as the "Snakes" of the series themselves. :(

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I love David Hayter's work as Snake :( I'm really hoping that this turns out to be an April fools joke. Even if it doesn't though, maybe the new actor will be good too. Who knows. It'll just be weird not hearing the voice I'm used to.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I love David Hayter's work as Snake :( I'm really hoping that this turns out to be an April fools joke. Even if it doesn't though, maybe the new actor will be good too. Who knows. It'll just be weird not hearing the voice I'm used to.

well the tweet is gone but the thing with Voice actors is they can get someone asking for less money that can 100% match the voice
for all we know his agent could of posted his price and they thought, lets look around as hes asking for a bit too much this time
they where then sent loads of samples of VA's matching it, they picked the one that matched and was cheaper than his price

its the way it goes, VA's do work everyday and never hear from alot and barely know what there going for so they dont leak and info on any projects

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really do think he needs to get over it. He had to have known at some point there'd be a more definite transition from Naked Snake to Big Boss; MGSV is it. Then again, half his comments make it sound like he doesn't realize there's a difference between Solid Snake and Naked Snake.

It's not like he's not the first pick for the next game featuring Solid Snake anyways; regardless of whether he's in this game or not (and really, I do hope he isn't), he's not done with MGS.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really can see his feeling.. Konami bigs were really unclassy to leave him in the dark about upcoming VA cast and decisions, after such a good long work together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1