cheekydollar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

According to the RD site

After downloading and decompressing the new updated files, there will be one shell folder and two files _DS_MENU.DAT、 _DS_MSHL.NDS.Copy these files to the root directory of TF card to replace the former files.

I can see the two .dat files - but there is no 'shell folder'

But when I unzip the file - i just get a list of 167 files - which i just copied to the root - is this correct??

Also I cant find the skin images - I want to reskin my R4 but cant find the files to replace - they dont seem to exist....

Some guidance would be appreciated

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
When there is nothing to replace and no folder to put stuff in, why not just TRY creating it before asking ?!
hate2.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But when I unzip the file - i just get a list of 167 files - which i just copied to the root - is this correct??
Not correct. All but the two files you mentioned should be in the moonshl or _system_ folders. Make sure you keep the directory structure (in winzip the option is 'use folder names') when you unzip the file.

The skins (basically just some .bmp files) go in the _system_ folder. The default skin is built into the loader, so there are no files to replace at first.

@other guys: If you don't want to help, or somehow contribute to the thread, then don't post. It's in the rules.

cheekydollar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just thought i was missing a a whole folder of files... I mean a system folder sounds kinda vital! No need to take the piss!

I created the system folder and shoved some images in and it works.

On a side note - can you organise your rom files and .sav within folders on the tf card and does this have to be done in a certain way?

Thanks destructobot btw

mrxle3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just thought i was missing a a whole folder of files... I mean a system folder sounds kinda vital! No need to take the piss!

I created the system folder and shoved some images in and it works.

On a side note - can you organise your rom files and .sav within folders on the tf card and does this have to be done in a certain way?

Thanks destructobot btw

There is no special way to organize the rom and save files. In fact, R4 will organize it for you so that the game list is in alphabetical order. You can also press Select at the game list screen, which will toggle between displaying just the game files, game + save files, and all files on your microSD card. Also, make sure your game file and save files are the exact same name!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can put a rom in any folder on the card, but the save file has to be in that same folder. I think. I've never put them anywhere but the root folder.

a system folder sounds kinda vital!
Not so much. It's really just the skin folder. The moonshl folder is only needed if you use moonshell.

As far as I know, the only file you absolutely need is _DS_MENU.DAT.

arman68

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armenia
You can put a rom in any folder on the card, but the save file has to be in that same folder. I think. I've never put them anywhere but the root folder.

Actually I find being able to organise the roms in folders is a great feature of the R4DS: no more need to scroll through pages to get the one you need.

Also don't forget that in windows, if you set the files or folders properties to hidden, they won't show in the rom list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty