Homebrew RELEASE Kefir Updater

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I didnt realize it would wipe all of my profiles. I did have my saves backed up but it's still taking forever to get back to where I was.

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so just curious what is the best way to restore?
I made a nand backup before kefir and can restore that way as well as backing up my saves.

Jewtwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used kefir to link an account now my jksv has my old account as a blank picture and number how do I get rid of that so that my new linked account is the only one that shows in jksv

wiiandrewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I used kefir to try snes xci and i couldnt even open it. i would like to remove the user/kefir but it isn't letting me removing the user in the switch menu.

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those wanting to get rid of this Kefir account, use:
https://github.com/rdmrocha/linkalho/releases

Tell it to unlink all accounts. It will reboot the system. Then you can remove the account normally. Then run the program again if you want to relink all the accounts again.

This is for a hacked switch only were you do not care about your Nintendo account.

Reactions: Akorax

dimag0g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems to me this is just about ones ego. Taking others work and packaging it with a new name does not make it a new software.

You mean like Debian devs those inflated egos urge them to build GNU/Linux software and slap their own name and logo on it?

Now, I don't use this Kefir thing so I don't know how good or bad it is. I do use Debian though, and I appreciate the effort people put into assembling a bunch of software packages which work well together. I assume the idea behind Kefir is the same, and if it helps people who otherwise are unable to put together a working CFW, then good for them.

Claiming kefir is a CFW is like claiming Microsoft Word is a operating system.

No, it's like claiming that Debian is an operating system. Sure, technically Debian is a distribution while the OS behind is GNU/Linux, but it's close enough to an OS for less technical types.

blaze2051

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt know that using Kefir-updater would mess with the sysnand. now my ofw is modded and I dont ever want to touch sysnand thats why I always use emunand from SD card. Kefir should have a warning that the sysnand will be overwritten before updating

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I didnt know that using Kefir-updater would mess with the sysnand. now my ofw is modded and I dont ever want to touch sysnand thats why I always use emunand from SD card. Kefir should have a warning that the sysnand will be overwritten before updating
Sysnand overwritten? huh? Do please explain what exactly you mean?

blaze2051

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysnand overwritten? huh? Do please explain what exactly you mean?
after restoring the sysnand from a backup, looks like kefir modded my emunand and with autoboot it seemed it had overwritten the sysnand but after booting using RCM loader my emunand was still modded so at this point im gonna make a new emunand overwritting the kefir modded one. with the modded kefir emunnand the homebrew no longer worked

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm sorry but I really don't understand. Why did you restore a sysnand? I don't know how Kefir behaves but checking it's 710 update it's configed to boot emunand if it's setuped. Did you use the "fullstock" option or something?

blaze2051

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I really don't understand. Why did you restore a sysnand? I don't know how Kefir behaves but checking it's 710 update it's configed to boot emunand if it's setuped. Did you use the "fullstock" option or something?
no all i wanted to do was link the account on the switch but it wanted me to connect to the internet and they said there was an update so i selected it and it requested to reboot but when it came back up it had modified my emunand, and I didnt want that because I prefer the stock atomsphere of the emunand

egar3427

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm updating kefir from 707 to 710, but its stuck on "removing macos garbage".
I've tried copying the files to sdcard and updating online using updater, but its still stuck. Any help?

blaze2051

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm updating kefir from 707 to 710, but its stuck on "removing macos garbage".
I've tried copying the files to sdcard and updating online using updater, but its still stuck. Any help?
well mine never got stuck, but since the homebrew ch. broke and did change the boot logo and all i like things to be less complicated i had to start with a new emunand setup

juandiego1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I updated using the updater into the 719 version and when rebooting and selecting the options for booting into emunand of semi stock, the semi stock didn't showed up anywhere, I look on google for any help and searching "Kefir Semi-Stock not showing", it didn't had any information on it, I had a backup that I used to spot out the "semi-stock" file (if there even one) and found that there's a file in the bootloader folder called "hekate_ipl.ini" that mentioned the Semi-stock, I checked my recently updated payload folder and found that it didn't had that code, so I copy and pasted it, booted the system and it booted on update.. I had to press "-" to go into the menu and found that the option to select Semi-Stock showed up again! so I undo my handling (with a backup of the updated bootloader folder) and saw that inside the bootloader folder, there's a "ini" folder, in it was a "FullStock.ini" file with the same code for the booting into Full Stock, so I modified that and added the semi-stock code, named it as "semi stock.ini" and added it to my SD "ini" folder and I now have that semi-stock option on the "more config" in the Kefir menu!.. maybe some who knows the code more, could show a potential danger of tweaking with the code without knowing anything about it but here's the code:

[Stock (semi-stock)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
cal0blank=0
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo_kefir.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/switch.bmp

which you can creat a note pad file, paste this code and rename the extension into ".ini", place it in "bootloader\ini" folder and it should have a second way to select semi-stock!

why am I posting this? to add some information about this issue that was completely absent when I need it so I hope this helps someone else!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine