Homebrew Keeping the SD Card on the Wii Even When Turned Off

laukinming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to know that if after installing the Homebrew Channel, along with the other software, do I leave the SD card inside the Wii when I turn it off and put it away, especially if I'm a 100% sure that I won't need any more programs for my modded Wii?

Thanks.

laukinming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So will the Homebrew channel be installed within the Wii's internal storage?

As well as the programs (i.e. Startpatch, Hermes cIOS, and uLoader), or do they just remain on the SD card, waiting to be launched by the channel while being on the card?

Thanks.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How "limited (or rather, "how much" :) )?

The original Wii has 512MBytes of internal NAND space.

As well as the programs (i.e. Startpatch, Hermes cIOS, and uLoader), or do they just remain on the SD card, waiting to be launched by the channel while being on the card?

Thanks.

Homebrew applications stay on your SD card, not the Wii itself. The only exception to this rule is if you install a channel which contains a homebrew application (they're usually forwarders, meaning they're a very tiny homebrew loader which loads an application from your SD card instead of the Wii's internal memory). The vast majority of custom homebrew-made channels are forwarders, however (since it's infinitely easier for the user to update a file on the SD card, instead of removing a channel on the Wii, then installing the updated one).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks.

You best use modmii for windows to get the files needed for modding yoiur wii.
Seeing your post you should know that hermes cios is very old and nowadays hardly used anymore.
The best cios toinstall is d2x cios.
This ios is capable of loading 99% of allwii games to date and wlso enqblres you to use emunand, wich enables you to save your savegames on your harddrive.
Please do notfollow any youtube installing guides as they arer almost ndver up to date.

So once again use modmii for windows by xflak to get your files and generate a custom installation guide.
Tel modmii you are softmodding a branc new that is never been softmodded before.
Before using modmii make sure to tell modmii to get the latest d2x beta cios.you can find the setting under the cios setting tab.
Also make sure yiunuse the modmii classic gui as it gives you more options. The mouse operated guiwillnot let you change options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-