Hacking keep getting the ret = -1 error from wad manager 1.5

wiimanizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need help with installing wads using WM 1.5 as i keep coming across such a problem like error! (ret = -1) whenever i use my 500gb wd usb external hdd. i have 3 partitions on it: wbfs, ntfs, and fat32. i had the wads in the WAD folder which is on the root of the usb hdd. i already have cios 38 rev 14 installed using the installer to install ios38-64-3610.wad. it worked for me when i used a smaller sized flash drive which was a 16gb HP usb stick, but doesn't work with the 500gb. i also use my portable hdd for hb apps...i am 4.2U with hbc up to date and i also get code dumps when loading slightly older apps from my hdd, such as helium boy and code dumps from newer apps like code downloader. i already checked other forums for compatibility of my usb hdd and it works, i tried WM 1.4 and i get the same problem as 1.5, and im pretty sure i setted it up correctly. i did a search from my start menu for 'computer management', then brought down the submenu from 'storage' and then into 'disk management'. after that, from my usb hdd, i right-clicked my other non-wbfs partition(ntfs) and went into shrink volume to make a partition of 10 gb fat32, but currently right now the WBFS drive is set to the active partition, i think....*takes a deep breath*WHEW!

sirelboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know i get an error-1 in any version of wad manager when not using a patched IOS in the loadup, also IOS249 sometimes gives other errors for me.. try another IOS other then 249.. if u have priiloader installed then your IOS"36" is already patched so try that one.. (u can use DOP-Mii v12 to run s IOS check to see what IOS's are patched on your system) or try to uninstall the wad BEFORE you install it.. sometimes there are hidden tickets that are there and need to be removed before a new wad that uses that ticket can be installed..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries