Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh god.

Why does every topic about a game nowadays have to turn into holier then thou people commenting on pirates? Cmon man. It's everyone's choice in what they do and if they don't want to pay for every single game they play, then big deal. Turn the other way and mind your own business. Or do you actually believe that the small percentage of pirates is actually offsetting the sales of a game in such a way that they couldn't afford to make a better PW then the first? Get your head out of your butts. They made a crappy sequel just because they did. It's nothing to do with us. Let's leave the game developing to the developers themselves and put the blame where it belongs on this one: Capcom.

On topic: I agree that the second game is not as good as the first or third but it's not really that bad. The fourth case really makes up for the other cases in a big way. Can anyone say epic?

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I still love the filler Rise from the Ashes case. - Awesome. Story? Soso. Characters? Good. Damon Gant? AWESOMMMMEEEEEEE.

Awesome.

But yeah, since it was added in the DS not in the original GBA game, part of Justice for all contradicts with Ace Attorney (Rise from the Ashes).

After playing Turnabout Goodbyes I didn't think Rise From The Ashes could be good but it turned out to be an spectacular case.

Another thing I sorely missed when playing JFA was a legendary prosecutor, Von Karma was good but Edgeworth and Godot are so much better (heck, even Manfred is better) that Franziska really fails to leave a lasting impression in the end.

S

scubersteve

OP
I still love the filler Rise from the Ashes case. - Awesome. Story? Soso. Characters? Good. Damon Gant? AWESOMMMMEEEEEEE.

Awesome.

But yeah, since it was added in the DS not in the original GBA game, part of Justice for all contradicts with Ace Attorney (Rise from the Ashes).

After playing Turnabout Goodbyes I didn't think Rise From The Ashes could be good but it turned out to be an spectacular case.

Another thing I sorely missed when playing JFA was a legendary prosecutor, Von Karma was good but Edgeworth and Godot are so much better (heck, even Manfred is better) that Franziska really fails to leave a lasting impression in the end.
She whipped people.
WHIPPED people.
That's a pretty lasting impression.
But then again, it's probobly her only impression.

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone call them Gyakuten Saiban games anyway? It's called Ace Attorney everywhere else, AA4 sounds more appropiate and less confusing than GS4, for non-asian players at least.

It isn't the 4th Apollo Justice game, so that's why people like to call it GS4.
lol, but it IS the fourth Ace Attorney game... hence AA4. Ace Attorney. Understand yet?
tongue.gif
Oh sorry I thought he said "AJ4" sorry. Disregard that other post.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2 good Ace Attorney games.

PW1

AJ1

AJ1 is better than PW1.

Music, interactivity, sucking-you-in aspect.

Anyone thinks otherwise?
I do. First of all, the music in AJ is horrible. I had my volume off like the whole time and was listening to other music. It's basically the same as PW but with a different story, and besides, I think that the things they implemented with the touch screens weren't really that good. For instance, the fingerprint thing. That was pretty annoying. I say all of the games are good but AJ is definitely not the best.

S

scubersteve

OP
PW1 had the best music.
PW3 had good music.
AJ1 appeared to have similar music to PW1.

Story-wise, I found PW3 to be the best.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I haven't finished T&T yet but I caved in to temptation and played a little bit of Apollo Justice and I was impressed, Apollo is drawn pretty darn weirdly in some of his expressions but he is still a good character but the new graphics and the music really spruced up the series for me, plus it's so nice to see the Rise From The Ashes gameplay come back.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I rate this game up with the first one, and it's got just enough internet jokes to make me (other internet users?) laugh without alienating other players.

Example (from memory, not quoted):

Klavier: Your accusations are baseless!
Apollo: Don't worry, I've got all your bases right here.

And
"I'm Olga Orly, and my last name sounds like 'Oh really'"
"Oh really, Orly?"

The music, in my opinion is as good as PWAA's music.

S

scubersteve

OP
@arctic_flame
Other AA games had internet memes in them too...
The director from game 1 case 3?

And game 2 case 3 had a fresh prince reference, and everyone loves that.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I just got up to case 4 in T&T and I'm loving this game, it's made me forget all about the blemish Justice For All was. Godot is such an impressive character and the cases are much better not to mention the much more Phoenix-Wrighty music.

Can't wait to wrap this one up and start playing Apollo Justice.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised PW:JFA is getting such a bad wrap. Maybe because I started on that one, but I still like it. After I finish Professor Layton, T&T is on my to-do list. Apollo is just going have to wait.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, can someone please tell me all the Phoenix Wright games with their full name and in order cuz I started on Justice For All and never followed any of the others. No Japan versions please. Would make things a lot simpler for me, thx.

Oh and I think Justice For All is great! I'm surprised at the negative feel you guys are giving it but then again it's the first one I've played! If this is the weaker of the series then I'm quite inclined to see how much better the others are!

Btw just finished episode 2 with Fransziska where Dr. Grey is murdered and I thought it was intense! Whoever thinks up these cases sure has imagination.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In chronological order:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...