Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heya, I own a jtag (falcon)
blush.gif
could someone either help, or direct me to some tutorials, or give me some keywords to look up (or anything else that might help) in regards to the following.

What do I need/need to know in regards to getting DLC to work

What do i need/need to know in regards to getting title updates to work

I currently use XeXmenu to launch my games (from HDD): Are there any alternatives? And if so, could you tell me?

And finally, could you direct me to anything that might be worth knowing? Anything at all, i'll read it.

Thanks
happy.gif
;

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DLC- copy it to the /partition3/content/0000000000000000/ directory (it will come as two further folders- http://360.kingla.com/ has a nice enough list) and make sure you have a title update that supports the DLC (it might come with the DLC download but otherwise you can find them in many places). Same idea for XBLA games.

Title updates
Copy whatever one you want (no need to stack them) to /partition3/cache (or I suppose you could use a USB drive "formatted" for 360 purposes but don't do that unless you can justify it). http://www.xbuc.net/ is the place most go to get title updates but it seems to be down at time of posting.
You can patch a title update onto the xex file of the game but nobody really does that.

Xexmenu alternatives. A couple but for most it is a split between xexmenu and freestyle dash. Where xexmenu is largely text driven and no nonsense freestyle dash has nice pictures and some options.

Worth knowing... the 360 much like the original xbox when hacked revolves around FTP. You can get it done with USB but FTP is what everything is geared towards. Xexmenu, freestyle dash and most 360 content programs (like XM360- a tool for unlocking XBLA and DLC should you have a locked version- say a friend has a demo on their machine, get it on yours and you can unlock it for your JTAG machine) will have FTP support.

I assume you know how to update you dash when a new hacked one comes out ( http://gbatemp.net/t296530-updating-a-xbox-360-xbr-8955 has a rough guide to some of the trickier stuff although you might be able to dodge that), on that subject dash launch is a program you want to compliment that as dashlaunch is mostly what brings all the nice things JTAG 360s have (although patches from there tend to get ported over to mainline freeboot).

Oh yeah original xbox stuff. I still suggest you get an original xbox and hack that but if you must the xbox emulator for the 360 has been hacked and allows you to do a little bit more than the official emulator.

XBLA, DLC and homebrew covered.
Title updates covered
Launching programs covered.
Freeboot updates covered as well as dashlaunch.
Original xbox stuff mentioned at least.
I think that is everything.

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks
wub.gif

Err... wait...
/partition3/cache
is that the same as
Hdd1:\cache
Well at least its consistent with DLC, in which case, whenever I copy a TU in there XeX menu spits out:
"Game error
The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."
Deleting TU resolves this though. :/ so i was really just wondering if there's something i have omitted in regards to it... also what prompted my curiosity in regards to xexmenu alternatives.

Also yea
happy.gif
I knew how to update it (got it to 13146 earlier today after months of neglect), ill try out freestyle dash to see if it gives me the same problems.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FrozenIndignation said:
Thanks
wub.gif

Err... wait...
/partition3/cache
is that the same as
Hdd1:\cache
Well at least its consistent with DLC, in which case, whenever I copy a TU in there XeX menu spits out:
"Game error
The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."
Deleting TU resolves this though. :/ so i was really just wondering if there's something i have omitted in regards to it... also what prompted my curiosity in regards to xexmenu alternatives.

Also yea
happy.gif
I knew how to update it (got it to 13146 earlier today after months of neglect), ill try out freestyle dash to see if it gives me the same problems.

Yes hdd1/cache is the same as partition3/cache. The title updates not working sounds like you've patched the .xex or xexmenu has done it. Modifying the.xex file renders the title updates incompatible and you get that error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.