Just Received My DSTwo, A bit disappointed

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by portezbie, May 26, 2010.

May 26, 2010
  1. portezbie
    OP

Member portezbie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just got my DSTwo in the mail and haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I have to admit that initially I'm a bit disappointed, the build quality isn't very good. Taking it out of the tray that it comes in the front and back began separating( I guess this is because it only has one screw in it) and the sticker isn't properly attached it is bumpy and feels like its already about to fall off. Honestly, my Ezflash V plus feels much higher quality.

Of course let me reiterate by saying that I have not actually used it yet, but I thought the build quality would be higher.

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    ?????

1) I had no trouble taking it out of the tray
    2) The sticker on mine is fixed on just fine
    3) Of course it's 'bumpy' that's because there's a chip stuck behind it & no plastic casing... IIRC most 'new' flashcards were always 'bulky' in some way or another

3. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    The build quality is better than it looks at first, it's bumpy because of the chips underneath the sticker. It's just getting over that initual fear it might break putting it in and out of your DS, but even if it does I['m sure Supercard would replace it considering it's the thickness of the card thats the problem.

4. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Flash card build quality has been going down the tubes since the DS Lite first came out and all the flash cards went to lite versions. The only slot 1 cards I've seem that I can say has a nice build quality are the Cyclo and edge. I think most people including myself would pay a few dollars for something with a nice quality feel.

5. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    hahahaha
    i had a hard time removing it from the tray and dsi [​IMG]
    anyway,i think i can live with the built quality
    since 99% of the time it will be inside of my DSL

one good point
    unlike other flash carts, i realised i don't have contact issues on DSL

6. Potticus

Member Potticus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My SuperCard dsone is as solid as a rock, It is built very well, and as sturdy as a normal slot one card

7. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's easy to pop it out of the tray, just push up from the bottom of the tray [​IMG].
    The cart makes some kind of click whenever i put it into my DSL which is odd but is probably related to the chip that sticks out.

8. acs236

Newcomer acs236 Newbie

United States
    I agree that the build quality is quite poor. What's most troubling to me is the bit of resistance I get trying to remove the micro sd. Something is catching, and I can see that causing trouble in the future.

9. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    @acs236

I get the Microsd problem but I still think the card is work every penny (only £21 [​IMG] )

I would buy it for £40, I rarely take the card out anyway

10. Reecey

Member Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

United Kingdom
    My sticker is on fine and I dont have any microsd problem, give it a break I think its the best flashcard out at the moment. I like the design its pretty cool and dark just like the new dsi xl's it goes better than the white cards. I like it.