Homebrew Question Just purchased a V1 hackable Switch on ebay, then found out it's "stuck" in Incognito. Is this bad?

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks! Long time lurker. I had my launch Switch up and running with Atmosphere and 90DNS, but I was robbed last week, so I've been on the market for a replacement unit. Jumped on one that looked legit, but after purchase I was told by the seller that before him, the previous owner put the Switch into "Incognito" mode, and now it's "stuck" in that mode. I'm assuming he means he doesn't have access to the ProdInfo.bin or nand backups. If I never plan on going on Nintendo's official servers, and this in no way will be tied to my legit, unhacked Switch that I use online, so should I be fine?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I never plan on going on Nintendo's official servers, and this in no way will be tied to my legit, unhacked Switch that I use online, so should I be fine?
Yes, you can't connect to Nintendo servers with it for eshop or online play, but it won't cause you any problems with your legit Switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks! Long time lurker. I had my launch Switch up and running with Atmosphere and 90DNS, but I was robbed last week, so I've been on the market for a replacement unit. Jumped on one that looked legit, but after purchase I was told by the seller that before him, the previous owner put the Switch into "Incognito" mode, and now it's "stuck" in that mode. I'm assuming he means he doesn't have access to the ProdInfo.bin or nand backups. If I never plan on going on Nintendo's official servers, and this in no way will be tied to my legit, unhacked Switch that I use online, so should I be fine?
No, there should be no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy