Daroxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hey folks,

this is my first time posting since I can't really find an answer for my problem. I finaly got myself a defect (hackable) switch from ebay (seller tried to repair the LCD and broke the batt con, sd connector, emmc connector and the display connector). I fixed it just to found out it also has parental controls. Well I thought it might work like on android phones where there is always a way around the frp lock. Sadly, even on resetting to factory mode you are forced to put in the pin. Well the seller was so nice and send me a bunch of codes which all didn't work. Now he can't find the mail for the registration nor will he send me the receipt for the device so I could try my luck with Nintendo.
After some reading I found the thread leading remove parental controls (ParentalControlsNX). Did that and now I wanted to reset the console, since all data from the seller is still on there.
The device is on 9.2.0 and I want to get rid of the former Nintendo account. But when I try to reset it I'm getting a message to connect it to the internet to remove the account, done that and it tells me that I need to do a firmware upgrade ?!?!?

Well, since I already have done the atmosphere stuff I don't wanna risk to break this in any kind of way so that I have to start over.

Is there a way to get this console clean as if it would be newly bought but I can stay on 9.2.0? ((no link to any Nintendo account or app or w/e))
I don't really care about the online functions (I guess I already risked the ban due to getting online on stock firmware after I removed the parental controls). But my intention is to sell it some day and it would just be dumb if it would be banned just due to this.

Thanks in advance

//e: Ok I found a solution. Since I didn't had the information that I could just simply update to the newest firmware (since the hack is hardware based). So I did that and it let me reset the console and unbind the account.

Last edited by Daroxx,

Daroxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Thanks for the link. But as edited I found the solution already 1 day after I created the post :)

My only problem was the reset with it's need for an update. Since I had no clue that the exploit was hardware based and that you could use it with basically every new firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: