Gunfreak11

OP
Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I know most say it is impossible, but here are a few trivial things I have noticed during my wifi experience.

After recently purchasing a new router, my Pokemon Platinum ran fine on good old WEP. I try to run Mario Kart DS on wifi, but it didn't work. I searched why, and it says that I am likely using WEP open instead of WEP shared, and that I should switch. I do so, and Mario Kart plays like a breeze!

Now, what does that mean? It means that Nintendo can add WiFi compatibility to newer cartridges. Of course, we will be locked in to our "Non-Supported" security settings. Now Nintendo will always restrict our access to WAP on cartridges, but that does not restrict us from using homebrew. Perhaps we could modify the system settings themselves to allow for a wap connection? Or maybe we just modify them externally, blocking the error message?

Discuss

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gunfreak11 said:
Alright, I know most say it is impossible, but here are a few trivial things I have noticed during my wifi experience.

After recently purchasing a new router, my Pokemon Platinum ran fine on good old WEP. I try to run Mario Kart DS on wifi, but it didn't work. I searched why, and it says that I am likely using WEP open instead of WEP shared, and that I should switch. I do so, and Mario Kart plays like a breeze!

Now, what does that mean? It means that Nintendo can add WiFi compatibility to newer cartridges. Of course, we will be locked in to our "Non-Supported" security settings. Now Nintendo will always restrict our access to WAP on cartridges, but that does not restrict us from using homebrew. Perhaps we could modify the system settings themselves to allow for a wap connection? Or maybe we just modify them externally, blocking the error message?

Discuss

Assuming you're talking about WPA, lets get your acronyms straight first because WAP is related to cell phones, not the DS.
tongue.gif

WAP = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Application_Protocol
WPA = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Access

All current games do not support WPA. There's nothing we can do about that. Maybe when the DSi gets hacked but who knows (WPA is a DSi only feature, it's not accessible in DS mode)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.