Hacking Just got myself a DSTWO! Two questions...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Comedor
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,965
  • Replies Replies 12

Comedor

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
329
Reaction score
9
Trophies
1
XP
318
Country
Brazil
So I just bought a DSTWO to use with my 3DS XL (waiting for it to be delivered), but went ahead to test it on my DS Lite.

1. I followed the sticked Beginners Guide and the DSTWO is working, but it didn't ask me to update or anything... I thought that was supposed to happen? Especially because I'm going to use it with a 3DS.

2. The DSTWO card looks cheap as *, lol. At first I thought it was broken because you can EASILY open one of its sides. Should I replace it?

Thanks! :]
 
I see, thanks!

Is there a way to check which patch version I'm running?
This is the patch you need. Put it on the root on your Micro sdhc card. Make sure you plug in your charger, or got enough power in your ds-lite.
firmware v1.17 support DSi 1.44 and 3DS 4.3.0-10x Download from (2012-07-25) here.
 
I see, thanks!

Is there a way to check which patch version I'm running?
This is the patch you need. Put it on the root on your Micro sdhc card. Make sure you plug in your charger, or got enough power in your ds-lite.
firmware v1.17 support DSi 1.44 and 3DS 4.3.0-10x Download from (2012-07-25) here.

that is for the english firmware

you could very easily have a chinese one or a japnese one
it will only update with the correct firmware
 
I see, thanks!

Is there a way to check which patch version I'm running?
This is the patch you need. Put it on the root on your Micro sdhc card. Make sure you plug in your charger, or got enough power in your ds-lite.
firmware v1.17 support DSi 1.44 and 3DS 4.3.0-10x Download from (2012-07-25) here.

that is for the english firmware

you could very easily have a chinese one or a japnese one
it will only update with the correct firmware
I am sorry. He have to download the 1.17 patch for his DSTWO. In his language.
 
I see, thanks!

Is there a way to check which patch version I'm running?
This is the patch you need. Put it on the root on your Micro sdhc card. Make sure you plug in your charger, or got enough power in your ds-lite.
firmware v1.17 support DSi 1.44 and 3DS 4.3.0-10x Download from (2012-07-25) here.

that is for the english firmware

you could very easily have a chinese one or a japnese one
it will only update with the correct firmware
I am sorry. He have to download the 1.17 patch for his DSTWO. In his language.

the language doesnt come into it

there are actually different flashcards with different firmware made by them

another temper had this problem where his firmware wouldnt update with teh English firmware, he had the use the chinese one
yet he had bought the card from an english site
 
I see, thanks!

Is there a way to check which patch version I'm running?
This is the patch you need. Put it on the root on your Micro sdhc card. Make sure you plug in your charger, or got enough power in your ds-lite.
firmware v1.17 support DSi 1.44 and 3DS 4.3.0-10x Download from (2012-07-25) here.

that is for the english firmware

you could very easily have a chinese one or a japnese one
it will only update with the correct firmware
I am sorry. He have to download the 1.17 patch for his DSTWO. In his language.

the language doesnt come into it

there are actually different flashcards with different firmware made by them

another temper had this problem where his firmware wouldnt update with teh English firmware, he had the use the chinese one
yet he had bought the card from an english site
I said I was sorry Ok. Didn't know?
 
I see, thanks!

Is there a way to check which patch version I'm running?
This is the patch you need. Put it on the root on your Micro sdhc card. Make sure you plug in your charger, or got enough power in your ds-lite.
firmware v1.17 support DSi 1.44 and 3DS 4.3.0-10x Download from (2012-07-25) here.

that is for the english firmware

you could very easily have a chinese one or a japnese one
it will only update with the correct firmware
I am sorry. He have to download the 1.17 patch for his DSTWO. In his language.

the language doesnt come into it

there are actually different flashcards with different firmware made by them

another temper had this problem where his firmware wouldnt update with teh English firmware, he had the use the chinese one
yet he had bought the card from an english site
I said I was sorry Ok. Didn't know?

i wasnt accusing you of anything?

i was adding more info on what you said

then just corrected what you said after that
 
I see, thanks!

Is there a way to check which patch version I'm running?
This is the patch you need. Put it on the root on your Micro sdhc card. Make sure you plug in your charger, or got enough power in your ds-lite.
firmware v1.17 support DSi 1.44 and 3DS 4.3.0-10x Download from (2012-07-25) here.

that is for the english firmware

you could very easily have a chinese one or a japnese one
it will only update with the correct firmware
I am sorry. He have to download the 1.17 patch for his DSTWO. In his language.

the language doesnt come into it

there are actually different flashcards with different firmware made by them

another temper had this problem where his firmware wouldnt update with teh English firmware, he had the use the chinese one
yet he had bought the card from an english site
I said I was sorry Ok. Didn't know?

i wasnt accusing you of anything?

i was adding more info on what you said

then just corrected what you said after that
Well I didn't know all SuperCard DSTWO was all different. Just thought like you said different language English, Chinese and Japanese and other languages I haven't mention that's all.
 
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/290190-the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo/

I downloaded those two files from the top of that page. I thought patch and firmware was the same thing.

Thanks Taken, now I managed to update my DSTWO from 1.17 Beta to 1.17.
 
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/290190-the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo/

I downloaded those two files from the top of that page. I thought patch and firmware was the same thing.

Thanks Taken, now I managed to update my DSTWO from 1.17 Beta to 1.17.
I'm going to fix that right now.
 

Site & Scene News