Hacking Just got my supercard DStwo

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my supercard dstwo in the mail today. I was just wondering if someone can help me get it all set up before i use it. I know I need to go to the supercard site and dl the os or whatever and put that in the root of the microsd card. After that can I just put games on? Do I need to set up a specific folder for it? What about emulators and homebrew? Can the DStwo play original NES and gameboy emulators and how do I set that up? Also what are some awesome homebrew I should check out and how do I set that up? Thanks for all the help I'm going to go make dinner and check back and hopefully get some gaming on thansk

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the deal. I can get my ds backup roms working but I can't figure anything else out. On the main menu when I go into it it has the DS game option and all the other options are question marks. I put a snes emulator on it but I can't figure out how to play the roms off of it. Can anyone please help!

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
http://filetrip.net/c1533-Supercard-Series.html (Just about everything you are going to need is on filetrip.)

Get CATSFC 1.1 for what you are asking for and most things come with a read me file that explains what to do.

Current software is EOS 1.11 and firmware 1.09 then If you want get Spinalcords imenu to replace your icons and theme.

Good Luck

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to play videos? I tried dling moonstone or whatever its called but its a file that can only be read on a pc and i'm on a mac. any help?

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that and I don;t see the ds two player anywhere. also after i put CATSFC 1.1 I got the GBA emulator on the homescreen and the catsfc snes emulator icon but I also got 2 question mark icons one is _catsfcplg and the other is _gba.plg. They don't seem to do anything. is there a way to get rid of them from the home screen and put my nes and lameboy emulators on the home screen. right now i have to click into the ds game option in order to choose those emulators but i would rather them just be at the beginning. Thanks for all the help and sorry im such a noob

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
update latest Fireware and you get dstwo player
no you don't, since either 1.10 or 1.11 (can't remember which) EOS comes with only the essential files and dsgame

to get set up you can just follow this guide it will get you set up with the NDSGBA (GBA emulator), moonshell, iPlayer, lameboy (gameboy emulator), and CATSFC (SNES emulator), and of course, iMenu

for a NES emulator use nesDS (see the "How to add new icons manually" section in the guide i linked to)

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following the guide but once i finished the setup imenu section i tried it in my ds and i just got a white screen when i tapped into the flashcart! any idea what i did wrong?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean?

are you saying that once you start the flashcart from the DS menu (you have a ds or dsi?) it doesn't even show the iMenu loading screen, just 2 white screens?

Edit: could you list all of the folders in the root of your card?

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ds Lite. It was just 2 white screens. for the root i have _ds2video _dstwo _dstwoplug _imenu _catsfc ds2boot.dat ireader moonshl2 ndsgba and readme_eng.txt

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you followed my guide to the letter the only thing i could think of is a bad connection between the dstwo and the ds or between the microsd card and the dstwo

when you put the microsd card into the dstwo try to tilt it towards to middle and push it in that direction, should help it line up with the contacts better

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's the problem because when I take everything off the sd card and replace it with the files from the backup it starts up the way it did before but my icons still aren't on the plugin menu
ugh ill try again i guess
thanks for trying to help

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i fiddled around with it and i figured out where i went wrong. It's now loading into imenu fine and it looks pretty awesome. I'm just gunna put my games back on there and see if everything works out good. Thanks so much for all the help. One last question (for now) will i be able to play avi video files on this?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timiscute said:
i fiddled around with it and i figured out where i went wrong. It's now loading into imenu fine and it looks pretty awesome. I'm just gunna put my games back on there and see if everything works out good. Thanks so much for all the help. One last question (for now) will i be able to play avi video files on this?
with iPlayer you will, however in moonshell you'll need to convert the videos to .dpg (iPlayer will take a lot more battery)

i have a section on making .dpg files here

and there are 2 guides for optimizing videos for iPlayer here and here

just out of curiosity, what was wrong and how'd you fix it?

timiscute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for one of the items i was putting on the sd card (i forget which one) i chose for it to replace the folder on the sd card when i should have just had it replace a file in the folder and not the whole folder itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.