Hacking just got my ak2 :(

s0ldats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
intros to castlevanias do not lag, but in game if i repeatedly pause (pointless, i know) it will freeze.

this is with a-data 4 gig SDHC class6 card.

also, can i simply rename my r4 save files to *.nds.sav?

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You've probably received a card from the recent, faulty batch. As you would've found out, if you had used the GBAtemp's search function.

I've received a faulty card myself, already sent it back to DX (who aren't to blame for this). I'm hoping for a quick and working replacement..

s0ldats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i was well aware of the faulty batch, sorrry.

anyway, i re-copied the roms from my HD instead of from my r4ds backup which for some reason made it work.

we'll see how it goes.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@sepinho: that definitely doesn't sound like an error that would be caused by an AK2 from the faulty batch to me.

-Bri

s0ldats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it matter whether i allow the ak2 to build a savefile before i rename/transfer my r4ds save files to it?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't matter. I think they use the same format. If they use a different format, you'll need to use a save file converter to convert it to the AK2 format.

-Bri

s0ldats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, also, some mysterious file appeared called:

0508 - 㣅␀yo Pop Fever (E)(Supremacy).nd

i have the regular nds file + the save file and this one.

I tried deleting it through the file manager in the bliss menu and that does nothing. Not even a delete dialogue box pops up.

On my computer, the file shows up but will NOT go to the trash. says it's damaged or something.

rm -R from the terminal also throws an error:
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

what is this file??

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your microSD card is corrupt. Are you using the microSD reader that came with the cart? There have been some reports of it corrupting microSD cards. If that's the case, you may have to reformat the card.

-Bri

s0ldats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bri, yeah, sadly I am. my sandisk imagemate 12 in 1 doesn't read SDHC (no firmware upgrade for this version)

i just reformatted.

if anyone cares, the rom that this corrupt file is named after froze when trying to play it for the first time. i suspect that's when the file may have been created, but i'm not sure.

s0ldats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: for some reason, on any rom that doesn't already have a built save file, the ak2 will make a new one, proceed to the LOADING screen, and then change to a white screen and freeze on that.

after i restart the DS, it plays the game fine.

this is some erratic behavior.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm having disturbingly similar problems... once during folder browsing the cart got stuck in a loading loop with the disk activity icon still blinking. I shut it down and upon reboot my AK2 was no longer being detected by the DS until I took it out and plugged it back in.

Another time I opened the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney cheat menu and it froze in the same way, except I didn't have to take the flashcart out and plug it back in. After that incident it created a PHOEN~02.CC undeletable file that chkdsk couldn't fix, I had to copy everything off and format it. For Bomberman it created an extensionless BOMBERMAN cheat file, but that was deletable at least.

I searched the forum and I can't find the info. I ordered my AK2 from DX on May 10th, what is it about this "faulty batch" I hear of? I'd REALLY like to know more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.