Just got my Acekard 2i and it looks legit...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kadin, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Kadin
    OP

Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    I took off the back hologram sticker and the numbers underneath are very hard to read... VERY hard. In taking off the sticker, I appear to have scratched it a bit making a few of the numbers hard to read.

I did just manage to get AKAIO 1.8.8 installed on it and it's playing my DS games perfectly fine with their saves and everything. Anything else I can do to confirm it's not a fake or just not worry about it?

Thanks!

2. xXxM1NG0xXx

xXxM1NG0xXx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2010
    United States
    Pallet Town
  3. Kadin
    OP

Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    Ok well I've confirmed from various sources including acekard's forums themselves that I got a good and legit version. Now I'm a little stumped on something else.

So when the card came to me, it didn't include a microSD card since I already had one from my r4. I backed up that card and formatted it. I downloaded the latest AKAIO found here http://gbatemp.net/t305986-akaio-1-8-8 and copied it over. I then copied over my games to a 'Games' folder in the root of the card and everything is working fine.

Did I have to do some kind of firmware update as well? I didn't need to use my DSLite for anything and was expecting that I would. Am I done?

4. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2005
    United States
    California
    if it works it works, it was probably preflashed to the latest firmware

5. Kadin
    OP

Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    Ah ok, that makes sense. Shows how much of a n00b I am, I thought all the OS and firmware stuff was done via the SD card memory, had no clue that the card itself was being updated. I really need to read some more. Appreciate the quick response. [​IMG]

6. fiberoptic

fiberoptic Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2011
    hello, I'm new here, can someone teach me how to update to fw 1.8.8? thanks!

7. Buleste

Buleste Old Fart

Dec 19, 2010
    Follow the link above and download it.