cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
During shell swapping 2 N3DS', i accidentally damage the home key ribbon cable so I decided to send it to Nintendo to be repaired/replaced. Luckily I live close to Nintendo's office so I just took a bus and dropped it off since I still had warranty. Obviously, they managed to find out the 3ds has been previously opened and the lazy ass technicians refused to repair it. Luckily, i found a home button ribbon cable for $5 on aliexpress so i'll have to do it myself. Anyway, if any of you try to send an opened 3ds, they will know. Atleast I tried.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
near a nintendo office? nice! xD

well it's very common , when you open the device you lost de warranty and that's all , they ware you of it you can't blame then ....
maybe if you asked for a fix paiyng for it they could do .. but well, if you can fix by yourself so do it XD

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
they didn't even gave you the cost of the repair at your costs? or you didn't bothered to ask (was just trying to get it for free)?
there are several ways to know if you opened a console.
do not damage the stickers. warranty stickers the the most used..
screwdrivers if not used correctly\carefully, will leave marks on the screws or the plastics... another obvious sign...
i noticed something when opening laptops consoles and other stuff, there are some screws with a dye on them (blue or red), make sure to put them in the right places, since they can apply dye in just one (or some) and failure to put the colored screws back in the exact place will let them know...

anyone knows more ways to know when a person disassembled a device?

Last edited by migles,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They didn't call me at all to give me other options. After they shipped it back, they told me it would cost 106$ to replace the home button and I have to dropped it off again. I am just lucky that I live a 20min drive from the facility or else I would not ship it at all.

Last edited by cooroxd,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i noticed something when opening laptops consoles and other stuff, there are some screws with a dye on them (blue or red), make sure to put them in the right places, since they can apply dye in just one (or some) and failure to put the colored screws back in the exact place will let them know...
Thats not dye, its thread lock glue/compound
just meant to hold the screw in place to it doesnt come loose due to vibration, shaking, moving around and such
Thread-Crap-Lock.jpg

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They didn't call me at all to give me other options. After they shipped it back, they told me it would cost 106$ to replace the home button and I have to dropped it off again. I am just lucky that I live a 20min drive to the facility or else I would not ship it at all.
wtf ! a 2DS there isn't about 90~100 USD ?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thats not dye, its thread lock glue/compound
just meant to hold the screw in place to it doesnt come loose due to vibration, shaking, moving around and such
thanks for the info, but i noticed in most devices (for example) in a set of 4 screws 1 or even 2 does not have that glue\compound... so i thought it was a measure to know if someone tampered with the device...

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also more info: I dropped it off yesterday afternoon, and they started looking at it today. Judging by this, the techs working there are not even that busy.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya, I did buy the ribbon cable and I won't receive it until next month. I was just discussing the time line of how long it takes for Nintendo to receive, repair (or do nothing) , and ship back.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Obviously, they managed to find out the 3ds has been previously opened and the lazy ass technicians refused to repair it.
You opened it, you lose your warranty. They're well aware that if they make even a single exception, similar requests will grow exponentially (come to think of it, they probably already receive way too many "solutions" that only increased the problem rather than solving it).

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During shell swapping 2 N3DS', i accidentally damage the home key ribbon cable so I decided to send it to Nintendo to be repaired/replaced. Luckily I live close to Nintendo's office so I just took a bus and dropped it off since I still had warranty. Obviously, they managed to find out the 3ds has been previously opened and the lazy ass technicians refused to repair it. Luckily, i found a home button ribbon cable for $5 on aliexpress so i'll have to do it myself. Anyway, if any of you try to send an opened 3ds, they will know. Atleast I tried.

You should have argued that you didn't open it and that they must have sold you a refurb of some sort or made up another story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: