just got acekard 2 v2.1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by merbiyatch, Mar 31, 2009.

Mar 31, 2009

just got acekard 2 v2.1 by merbiyatch at 11:58 AM (1,285 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. merbiyatch
    OP

Newcomer merbiyatch Advanced Member

United States
    just got my acekard2 v2.1 loaded up the akaio 1.4.1 proper firmware on it launched it and it just stays on the loading screen for the longest time..nothing is on my microsd just the __aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file. whats up with that?the acekard is the spring version..yes i read the wiki formatted the sd pushed it in till it clicks and oushed it further down just to make sure like 100 times.

btw its not my microsd because i just tried it on my m3 ds real and it works perfect.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Do you ever get to the NDS menu? Try installing the official firmware from www.acekard.com and see if that works. If not, you might have a contact problem, which you may be able to fix by opening up the flash cart and placing some tape on the back of the PCB to help push the contacts forward.

You didn't say where you got it from, but the Acekard has a 1 year warranty. Most stores will replace it if it's defective. If the store you got it from won't replace it, Acekard is very good about standing behind their products so if you find that you've got a hardware problem you'll be able to get a new one from them (send an e-mail to their support if you can't get a replacement through the store you bought it from).

-Bri

3. merbiyatch
    OP

Newcomer merbiyatch Advanced Member

United States
    when you mean the ds menu do you mean the menu after the warning screen? if so the yes i can get to that menu. if your talking about after clicking on the acekard2 slot 1, then no i cant get to the nds menu it just says loading for the longest time.

ok so ive opened up the flash cart now where exactly is this pcb or where exactly do i place the tape?

btw i got my acekard from www.kickgaming.com

4. imqchummy

Newcomer imqchummy Member

Canada
    Don't even bother with the piece of paper.
    I ordered so many things on kickgaming and they will replace your flashcard no problem.

Posts merged

Don't even bother with the piece of paper. I think it's better to have a fully working card than having to take it apart and try to fix it.
    I ordered so many things on kickgaming and they will replace your flashcard no problem.

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    First I'd try reformatting your microSD card using the Panasonic formatter, then installing the official menu. Make sure you use the "safely remove hardware" utility before removing your microSD card from your PC.

If you still can't get it to work and you're sure you installed the menu correctly, return it and get a new one.

-Bri

6. landan

Newcomer landan Newbie

United States
    this happened to me. i returned mine to where i bought it and they replaced it [​IMG]. i tried everything - different DS's, different microSD cards, different firmware. still crapped out.

good luck

7. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    fuck you landan

8. SlCKB0Y

Member SlCKB0Y GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    You know what? this is the fourth port in a row of yours ive read in which you are being a fucking asshole to someone.
    Who do you think you are? if you cant say something nice then keep your dirty seppo mouth shut.

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    he is one of the authors of AKAIO. it if obvious you have not followed the development, as you don't know his personality at all. the best advice is to not get upset over text you read on the internet. don't take ANY of this personally, EVER. if you can't do that, then get to growing up. the day that you can you will realize how silly you were each time you responded to a thread that "upset" you.

-another world

10. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    I thought that was all a joke?

Anyway, that happened to me with my Acekard, and I think it was the SD Card. I tried another one and hey presto...it worked fine.

11. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    yea so back on topic..

sometimes msd cards do die. did you try the panasonic formatter on the old one?

-another world