Homebrew Just got a used Wii...

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It had the homebrew channel already installed. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with a wiimote plus (as soon as I launch the HBC my wiimote disconnects itself and won't reconnect unless I turn off the console) and I don't have an old wiimote without motion plus integrated. So the first question is: would a gamecube controller be OK for navigate the homebrew channel menus? Since I'd buy one anyway.

Secondly, the Wii firmware is 4.1E. Any reason to update? I'd prefer keeping this old firmware so it won't delete the existing homebrew channel in the updating process.

I found a "neogamma backup loader" channel too, but for what I understand it's a simple forwarder; I launched it, and told me that SD card is not initialised or something similar (by the way SD card is not even inserted...). Can I delete it from Wii data management?

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, I updated the Wii to 4.3E, then reinstalled HBC and hackmii, made a NAND backup and that's it. Tried to install priiloader but in the installer my wiimote disconnects, tried to install latest cIOS and in the installer my wiimote disconnects. Tried to resync it from the health warning screen with the sync button method, no luck.

I'm basically stuck? Should I get an old wiimote w/out motion plus, or a GC controller? Or both? Please help :(

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! You should use ModMii to softmod again the Wii, or (and please don't judge me) you can use PimpMyWii it supports motion plus and it's a lot easier, just use the minimal option. And don't touch anything else.
Then choose a loader (USB Loader GX is the best IMHO) and you're ready to go.

Have fun

Reactions: Margen67

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks a lot. I used pimp my wii, I haven't fully understand what it did but apparently it went fine. Then proceeded on installing usb loader gx, so far I only tested 2 games and they work :) I discovered that NTSC games don't play too well with RGB cables (red screen), I had to force PAL60 video output.

Later I found out that you can install priiloader even with wii remote motion plus; I used the installer for priiloader 0.8 beta 7, so no need for a gc controller and/or old wiimote. At least, for now.

I tried to understand how to install a channel forwarder to usb loader GX without success, can someone kindly explain that to me? thank you guys :)

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot. I used pimp my wii, I haven't fully understand what it did but apparently it went fine. Then proceeded on installing usb loader gx, so far I only tested 2 games and they work :) I discovered that NTSC games don't play too well with RGB cables (red screen), I had to force PAL60 video output.

Later I found out that you can install priiloader even with wii remote motion plus; I used the installer for priiloader 0.8 beta 7, so no need for a gc controller and/or old wiimote. At least, for now.

I tried to understand how to install a channel forwarder to usb loader GX without success, can someone kindly explain that to me? thank you guys :)
Hi! The Channel forwarder it's like a shortcut in Windows it just looks for the boot dol in a default location and it boots directly from the System Menu.

So, install the Forwarded WAD using a Wad Manager (Pimp My Wii has one) then put the USBLoader GX boot.dol in apps\usbloader_gx

And done

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got a rar with:

USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad
USBLoader_GX_V3_0_UNLR_Channel_AHBPROT.wad
249c.dol inside a ChannelDOL folder
ForwarderV5.1.dol inside a ForwarderDOL folder

which one should I install? The first one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters