Hacking just got a semi broken ds free

jaywilson

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nes-media.com
XP
Country
The top screen is weird and fuzzy colours are all wrong has a green like at the top of the screen.
Bottom screen is smashed, responds to touch.
L button doesnt work.
Hinge feels loose makes a crack noise when i open/close it. (havnt seen a crack in it)

Too much work to repair? Should i just sell it broken?

Or

Can the top screen/ L button be fixed by opening it up and doing something? and i just use replace the lower screen with a spare of mine?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jaywilson said:
The top screen is weird and fuzzy colours are all wrong has a green like at the top of the screen.
Bottom screen is smashed, responds to touch.
L button doesnt work.
Hinge feels loose makes a crack noise when i open/close it. (havnt seen a crack in it)

Too much work to repair? Should i just sell it broken?

Or

Can the top screen/ L button be fixed by opening it up and doing something? and i just use replace the lower screen with a spare of mine?

well it couldn't possibly break it anymore by taking it apart and looking at it
smile.gif

If you have a spare lower screen then its worth trying as it does power up ... the cracking noise could be the ribbon cable caught in the hinge if someones had a go at repairing it themselves and could also be the problem of the faulty top screen .. you can get a replacement top screen from somewhere like DEAL EXTREME along with a replacement ribbon cable and case quite cheaply but takes about 2 to 3 weeks to arrive
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...