XeroRestraint

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The microSD I ordered last week from Newegg arrived. Unfortunately it's a Taiwanese Kingston 1GB. Should I return it and try to get a Japanese version elsewhere? Or is it not so bad?

warlock110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have 3 cards all from newegg all taiwanese... works fine... i don't play castlvania PoR so it's not a problem for me.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just keep it.. You can just rent Castlevania just like I did
wink.gif

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or just not play Castlevania. If you are going to rent it, it'll cost you like $5, might as well add another couple of bucks there to get yourself another microsd.
You can rent 2 games for $20 a month from Gamefly and you can keep them as long as you want. It wouldn't take more than a week to beat the game anyway.. Anyway, it's his choice in the end..

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my kingston taiwan cards are crap... works somewhat on supercard lite, but for some reason if i run Moonshell or DSOrganize the whole card would corrupt and would require a format.

XeroRestraint

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm..thanks for all the responses. i am keeping it and so far, so good. I'm not worried about PoR - I already own it, along with close to 50 other DS titles. This is just another fun toy and I want my toys to work as well as they can
biggrin.gif

A bit off topic I suppose, but since it's my topic I don't see the harm - anyone have any advice regarding formatting their flash card FAT32 vs. FAT(16)? I understand that 32 may be less stable with some cards, but I sure would like to be compatible with long filenames. Any problems between R4DS and FAT32?

Thanks again!

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meritline cards are random, just like Newegg. Got a made in Taiwan card from them, and a made in taiwan from Ecost. I just ordered a made in Japan Toshiba card for $18 shipped.

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm..thanks for all the responses.  i am keeping it and so far, so good.  I'm not worried about PoR - I already own it, along with close to 50 other DS titles.  This is just another fun toy and I want my toys to work as well as they can 
biggrin.gif

A bit off topic I suppose, but since it's my topic I don't see the harm - anyone have any advice regarding formatting their  flash card FAT32 vs. FAT(16)?  I understand that 32 may be less stable with some cards, but I sure would like to be compatible with long filenames.  Any problems between R4DS and FAT32?

Thanks again!

I've tested the R4 with Kingston 1GB and 512MB Japanese along with Sandisk 1GB (normal and ultra II), Sandisk 2GB Ultra II and Corsair 1GB. They all work with FAT and FAT32 formats and although there are speed differences between each manufacturer (tested using HDTach) I have found no speed difference between a FAT(16) and a FAT32 format on the same card. I'll post the results as soon as I have a few more cards tested. I'm waiting on Taiwanese Kingstons to come in tomorrow or Saturday to measure their performance.
The worst so far are the Corsair btw in physical available capacity and performance. Avoid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: :sad: