just got a dsi plus a r4i

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by crimsonsoulz, Aug 2, 2010.

Aug 2, 2010
  1. crimsonsoulz

Newcomer crimsonsoulz Member

Apr 9, 2009
    so my old ds lite's hinges broke, traded it plus $50 to a friend for his dsi plus a r4i flashcard.

it did not come with a sd card, so i cant try it out right this minute. I noticed the dsi's firmware was 1.3U. after reading online i heard updating to the latest 1.5 (1.4+minor patch) is safe.

but since i need to reflash the r4i with its latest firmware, im assuming i should do that before updating to 1.4u/1.5.

Also i keep hearing that all R4i's are fake, and the original manufacturer of the R4 for DS/DSL quit before dsi launched. my r4i's pcb is green, the actual card does not state that it supports sdhc, however the box for the r4i says it does on the back. Could someone please direct me to the download link for the latest firmware for my r4i.
    (the sticker on the card itself said to go to www.r4ultra.com. i downloaded 1.55 patch)

*btw can dsiware games be downloaded from the net, similar to .wads likes the wii then installed on the dsi or a flashcard?
  2. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    R4 team has been long gone; simple as that

No DSi games can't be downlaoded and used unfortunately as of now

As for firmware's, go here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds ... make sure to bookmark this [​IMG]

CAUTION: the update is only safe for SOME cards not sure what they are, but it should be all on that site.