Hacking Just Got a 500GB Seagate FreeAgent Go

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so, I backed up my copy of World At War, and converted it to WBFS with WiiBackupManager. I boot USB Loader GX, and I get this: "No WBFS or NTFS/FAT Partition Found"

I have my drive formatted to FAT32. Here is my drive:

2lay3bq.jpg

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dangy said:
Alright, so, I backed up my copy of World At War, and converted it to WBFS with WiiBackupManager. I boot USB Loader GX, and I get this: "No WBFS or NTFS/FAT Partition Found"

2lay3bq.jpg

Had the same with CFG USB Loader this morning.

But you need to tell it which Partition (if you have more than one), which I did, but it still didn't see any games I had on it.

then again, My CFG USB Loader is 48, I guess I should upgrade to 50.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zantagor said:
Dangy said:

2lay3bq.jpg

Had the same with CFG USB Loader this morning.

But you need to tell it which Partition (if you have more than one), which I did, but it still didn't see any games I had on it.

then again, My CFG USB Loader is 48, I guess I should upgrade to 50.

I tried to tell it which partition, but the Wii crashes and restarts...
ohnoes.png

Should I try installing CFG USB Loader? I heard it was better. Where can I download it from?

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kryptical said:
Pippin666 said:
Stop freaking suggesting WBFS !! Just use FAT32 and WiiBackupManager to transfer your pseudo-"backups".

Pip'
I have a 32GB SD card so I don't need my HDD for homebrew apps and stuff. My whole HDD is for games only so thats why I suggest WBFS.

I understand that it works for you but I wouldn't go around recommending it to everyone. One of these days your going to run into issues with that WBFS formatted drive when you find out there is no way to recover data from the partition if anything goes wrong. FAT32 + .wbfs files are the best options right now even if your only using the drive for storing Wii games and I highly recommend that you consider converting to FAT32.

To the OP: you can always get the latest version of cfg loader from the thread in the backup loaders forum: http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader

D

Deleted-247497

DownSince86 said:
Kryptical said:
Pippin666 said:
Stop freaking suggesting WBFS !! Just use FAT32 and WiiBackupManager to transfer your pseudo-"backups".

Pip'
I have a 32GB SD card so I don't need my HDD for homebrew apps and stuff. My whole HDD is for games only so thats why I suggest WBFS.

I understand that it works for you but I wouldn't go around recommending it to everyone. One of these days your going to run into issues with that WBFS formatted drive when you find out there is no way to recover data from the partition if anything goes wrong. FAT32 + .wbfs files are the best options right now even if your only using the drive for storing Wii games and I highly recommend that you consider converting to FAT32.

To the OP: you can always get the latest version of cfg loader from the thread in the backup loaders forum: http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader
who cares if you drive corrupts, what i do is have a seperate partition where i have all my iso's plus all my media files and shizz

Dark-Aries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DownSince86 said:

WBFS was made for wii games. Why not use it? And it's up to the user to decide. You're arguing Apples and Oranges here. and with WBFS you get nice managers and you know
it'll work. with Fat you risk somebody deleting the files from another wii app like Wiixplorer or if you have it hooked up to the computer. Fat has it's cons, WBFS has it's cons. It's a matter of preference. And if nobody released a CIOS for fat32 or NTFS you'd still be using it.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
FAT doesn't really have any negatives, other than having to split files larger than 4gb. The downsides of WBFS far outweigh those of FAT32.

You get "nice managers" with all filesystems, but with FAT (and NTFS) you aren't stuck using them. WBFS is a relic from the past. If you are still in the past and use it & it works for you - great! But for anyone just starting out it makes far more sense to use FAT. We wouldn't recommend people install the very first cIOS, and nor should we recommend people use a FS that has been superseded.

The .wbfs file was also made for wii games.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the easiest way to add a channel of an app?

I want to make a "shortcut" of CFGLoader on my Wiimenu.
:3

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Riley. :DD But... I'm still kinda confused about installing .wads, and I don't want to mess anything up. d:

Is there an easier way to do it directly on the Wii? I've read some things about WAD Manager, but I'm not sure if that's right.

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
FAT doesn't really have any negatives, other than having to split files larger than 4gb. The downsides of WBFS far outweigh those of FAT32.

You get "nice managers" with all filesystems, but with FAT (and NTFS) you aren't stuck using them. WBFS is a relic from the past. If you are still in the past and use it & it works for you - great! But for anyone just starting out it makes far more sense to use FAT. We wouldn't recommend people install the very first cIOS, and nor should we recommend people use a FS that has been superseded.

The .wbfs file was also made for wii games.

In addition to all that using FAT32 opens up the HDD for use with homebrew. I have several gigs worth of videos and roms stored on the HDD that I watch/play through homebrew software.

Sure you could partition the drive to WBFS/FAT32 but why go through the trouble when formatting the entire drive to FAT32 works just as well? I'm not saying FAT32 is the best file system out there but atm it is the best option for the Wii. I'd personally prefer ext3 but no one has seen a need to support it yet.

QUOTEAnd if nobody released a CIOS for fat32 or NTFS you'd still be using it.

Yea, I would. I'd switch as soon as something else was supported though. WBFS formatted drives are a pain in the ass to manage from a PC and unrecoverable. Feel free to store an entire collection of Wii games on one of those if you feel like it. Enjoy the surprise of waking up one day and finding that entire collection corrupted with no way to recover it.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I understand how to install .wads. But for some reason, when I put the WAD-Manager app in my apps folder, start up my Wii, and boot the HBC, it doesn't show up.

The weird thing is, my old channels do. I even tried adding an icon.png, and meta.xml, and nothing worked... Any ideas?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anything that works for the user is good enough. I personally prefer WBFS Manager for my own reasons and it has never let me down.

@Dangy
Remember to rename it to boot.dol.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kryptical said:
Anything that works for the user is good enough. I personally prefer WBFS Manager for my own reasons and it has never let me down.

@Dangy
Remember to rename it to boot.dol.

Oh my gosh, I am such an idiot.

Thanks so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...