Hacking Just got a 3DS, what all can I do?

Kainz0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have four swords of course lol. I'm not even sure why streetpass would do for me.. Also I was browsing games on the eshop and all I could find we're classic gameboy games.. Do they have any snes or gba games to buy?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I already have four swords of course lol. I'm not even sure why streetpass would do for me.. Also I was browsing games on the eshop and all I could find we're classic gameboy games.. Do they have any snes or gba games to buy?
Soon maybe. Now I don't think so.

StreetPass is awesome especially if you have a lot of games. Go try it out and you'll know what I mean.

Download the upcoming game previews and watch them. A lot of cool games are flocking in starting next month. Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 being the starters.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know a good site that has alot of mpo files ,like ones of games screen shots in 3d like older nes snes game screen shots, and maybe pic of other stuff?
can you post a link please?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can tell everyone you got a Nintendo 3DS and ask non-specific questions about what you can do with it...You pretty much have that covered, bye.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Nothing really...
No seriously there are no 3DS flashcards but theyre are DS flashcards which can play DS games on the 3DS.

And not to mention no decent games yet (few exceptions)

That last part seriously makes no sense. How can there be exceptions if there are none? -.- lol?

In all seriousness? Just have fun with your 3DS. AR, 3D pictures a virtual console (weeeeaaaaaaak right now though). Netflis, which makes no sense to me personally... and more.

ohhhhhhhh..... You mean homebrew? Well then.... Nothing.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If they make the 3ds flashcart very powerful, it might be able to emulate DS games though.
Why emulate the DS if it could play it natively?
I'm not sure if the ds and 3ds loader is based/made similarly (I know they both play from the same slot), so I can't really say if it's native or not. What I mean is that IF the 3ds uses another loader (other than the ds' loader), then a hack would obviously use that loader, instead of using the ds' loader. The only way to play ds games from the 3ds' loader is to emulate them or probably have the ability to change loaders. I'm not sure though /:

Or maybe ninty made it easy for hackers by using the same loader for the 3ds and ds. Then it'd be natively supported. :tpi:

D

Deleted-236924

If they make the 3ds flashcart very powerful, it might be able to emulate DS games though.
Why emulate the DS if it could play it natively?
I'm not sure if the ds and 3ds loader is based/made similarly (I know they both play from the same slot), so I can't really say if it's native or not. What I mean is that IF the 3ds uses another loader (other than the ds' loader), then a hack would obviously use that loader, instead of using the ds' loader. The only way to play ds games from the 3ds' loader is to emulate them or probably have the ability to change loaders. I'm not sure though /:

Or maybe ninty made it easy for hackers by using the same loader for the 3ds and ds. Then it'd be natively supported. :tpi:
Trust me, we'd have the means of changing loader.
I mean, if the CycloDS iEvolution can switch between DS and DSi mode, then we should be able to switch between DS/DSi/3DS mode with a 3DS flashcart.

And now that you mention it, I remember reading that DS games were somehow emulated when on the 3DS.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Um. Free Zelda: The Four Sword from the eShop.

That's about it.

I was going to suggest that too. Also doesn't the Acekard2i support the latest 3DS firmware as of the latest AK2i firmware? I only have a regular AK2, a DSOnei, and a DSTwo, so I couldn't vouch for anything sans the DSOnei and the DSTwo working.

Also if you're into it, Star Fox 64, Sonic Generations (November 22nd), and Zelda 3D obviously.

I should probably get a AK2i at some point, even though I like the DSTwo better.

mudbone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just choose Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTwo, or R4i gold 3ds....
Just bought a 3ds for my son for xmas and wanna get the right card....
So if you had no card right now and a brand new 3ds which one would you choose?
I know none can play the 3ds games, but i wanna be able to use ds games, music, and video.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you want video then definitely the supercard dstwo ,the other cards can only play video converted to dpg format ,supercard has a propietary video player that uses the special internal cpu chip other cards dont have ,the video player is really buggy and most formats dont work correctly ,but its better than only having moonshell and dpg as your only option,
the only bennefit to the other cards is the price ,a dstwo is about 35 or 40 , but it is the best card out

mudbone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you want video then definitely the supercard dstwo ,the other cards can only play video converted to dpg format ,supercard has a propietary video player that uses the special internal cpu chip other cards dont have ,the video player is really buggy and most formats dont work correctly ,but its better than only having moonshell and dpg as your only option,
the only bennefit to the other cards is the price ,a dstwo is about 35 or 40 , but it is the best card out
Cool thanks for your help i'll look into the dstwo. Couple questions left though..lol
-Do any of the cards have a better interface than others? My sons only 5 and i think he would struggle with a list of games to find what he wants, do any have like a view of game covers to choose what you want or are they all just text lists?
-I dont have another ds to do updates with, can you use the 3ds to do the updates to the cards?

Thanks for all your help, i know a lot about the wii, 360, and psp hacking but dont know squat about the ds!

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i like the dstwo interface ,i have not used other ones but i have seen them on youtube though, but the 3ds has a homebrew option, a few actually, so instead of using their menu you can use one of the other ones, the one i like is called imenu it looks an iphone where you have iphone looking icons to launch the different apps and emulators , and you can also have a sort of shortcut like in windows on your desktop with imenu, so you can have it have an icon on the main menu for it to directly launch the game instead of going to ds mode or gba emulator or snes emulaor and opening the emulator and then going to a list of games and opening the one you want you could set it up for him so that there is an icon for each game that will launch it directly
if you use the dstwo menu , or if you go to the ds mode from the imenu it has the ds menu and it does not have covers but it does have little icons for each game in one view,you should go to youtube and check out some dstwo review or demo videos and then check out some imenu for dstwo reiews and videos on there , maybe there are also tutorials now too

i have links for all my homebrew, apps and emulators on my imenu , i have not yet set up any shortcuts for direct game launching but it is easy to do
if he he is 5 you will need to set it up ,but once its set it will be really easy for him to use, you can set alot of direct launch icons, im not sure how many the limit is, but i think its alot ,there is also an icon pack look for vatopaks for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing