Just got a 2.1 JP O3DS...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheKawaiiDesu, Feb 29, 2016.

1. TheKawaiiDesu
    OP

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Like the title says, I just got a JP O3DS on FW 2.1. I have a few questions...
    1 a) I am super confused about whether A9LH is possible to install on O3DS. From what I understand, ARM9Loader is an additional security layer that is used only on N3DS, but OTP dumping guides and A9LH install guides also mentions O3DS...
    1 b) If it's possible to install A9LH, can I simply dump the OTP following this guide (beginning at Section III), and then compile A9LH using this tool? Is that all (aside from installing, I know I need to update to a newer FW to launch the HBL)?
    2) Can I make a NAND backup using the Decrypt9 from Section IV of the OTP guide? I mean, I don't know if it's a special build or something like this, and I really don't want to brick my console...

Sorry if those questions are absolutely stupid :P

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    It works on o3DS as well, yes. arm9loader is part of the n3DS firm, but since the bootroms are identical on both models, an o3DS will load the n3DS firm just fine.
    If it's got the exploitable version of the browser, you can use 2xrsa for that. Full firmware version should be 2.1.0-4. If it's 2.1.0-0 or -2, you'll need to use Cubic Ninja.
    Yes, same as previous answer.

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  3. TheKawaiiDesu
    OP

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Yes, it's a 2.1.0-4 3DS! Thanks a lot for your answer!