Hacking Just fuck** up an update on my Switch and looking for help (btw sorry)

TheBloodstomper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well my main issue is in the title, I've been using a cfw since the begining of the Switch and have been like a lot of people, banned while playing docked, but it didn't matter, I'm enjoying my games better with some sweet mods and free than originaly (even if I still buy some collector editions sometimes).

If I remember well, my console was in 8.0.1, and I was wanting to have some good time on Animal Crossing so I decided to update to OFW 10.0.0 offline and to update Atmosphere and some other tools I had. But by mistake I think I selected during my update FAT32 update, because when I boot my console with the OFW it says I have to do an update to use my MicroSD, and if I try to boot my CFW, after seeing Atmosphere and Nintendo logo, I keeping getting a blackscreen.

I tried to recover my nandbackup, but the console keeps saying that it can't find it, which is quite weird cuz I did my backup juste before the update. I suppose the problem comes from the fact that my switch can't acces to my microsd.

Well now I'm stucked, and don't what to do except post a thread on GBATemp (which I'm writing now lol).

If someone could give some piece of advice it'd be very nice, thanks in advance :)

RKuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Why don't you use the word 'messed up' instead? There are underage kids here, I am sure.

On-topic: hope you find a solution to your problem. Have a good day!

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How could I? My Switch doesn't connect online for more than a year, even for the updates :/
Well, you could mention those details in the first post. Then using f32 sd is your only option i guess. You can get a 32-64gb sd for cheap and boot into CFW to update again but WITH exfat driver this time (if you don't want to hassle with reformatting your 400gb sd)

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: TheBloodstomper

TheBloodstomper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
there aren't even that many good games on the switch to fill up that much space!!

Yeah got a lot of shity games it's true, but now my main problem
Well, you could mention those details in the first post. Then using f32 sd is your only option i guess. You can get a 32-64gb sd for cheap and boot into CFW to update again but WITH exfat driver this time (if you don't want to hassle with reformatting your 400gb sd)

I thought I had said everything, but thx for your help, it was like my last solution but I suppose it's the only one. But thank you very much for your answer!

there aren't even that many good games on the switch to fill up that much space!!

In fact it goes a lot faster than I thought to fullfil this space

Last edited by TheBloodstomper,

TheBloodstomper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Even if I'm still having some issues with my sigpatches that I have to fix, your solution worked like a charm. thanks for your time and knowledge mate!

Reactions: bad361

TheBloodstomper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well you could copy the data off to a computer and then reformat the card to gain access to the card again.

That's what I first thought I'll do, but copying 400gb where a little bit painful, so I just formated in FAT32 my phone micro SD (64gb) and runned my switch with juste the most usefull tools, atmosphere, choixdujour,..; and now it works great again :)

Reactions: Hayato213

TheBloodstomper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well I keep getting a new error :tpi:

I was able to play some animal crossing for 3 hours and then, after activating sys-ftp in kosmos, I entered in a loop of fatal errors "panic occured while running atmosphere". I thought deactivating sys-ftp would be a solution but I can't acces atmosphere anymore, and replacing the files on my microsd didn't solved the problem... any idea?

Error is "title ID : 010041544D530000 Error Desc: std::abort() (0xFFE)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why don't you use the word 'messed up' instead? There are underage kids here, I am sure.

You probably should never come to Scotland if you dont like swearing. Its part of our language and we swear pretty much in every sentence we say. Kids swear at parents/parents swear at kids/people swear at their bosses at work and nobody bats an eyelid. It actually blows my mind that people from other countries get upset when people swear :rofl2:

TheBloodstomper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You probably should never come to Scotland if you dont like swearing. Its part of our language and we swear pretty much in every sentence we say. Kids swear at parents/parents swear at kids/people swear at their bosses at work and nobody bats an eyelid. It actually blows my mind that people from other countries get upset when people swear :rofl2:

ahahah in Spain we're a little bit the same, son of ... is like a common sentence when in Belgium people become crazy if they hear such a thing

lil update, deleting all my atmosphere and ftpd folders to replace them with kosmos last patch and it didn't solved a thing...

lil other update, now some game works, but animal crossing keeps giving me an error, I'm checking de sigpatches at the moment

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Sorry for being a bit off topic but scientific research has also shown swearing is good for you and people who swear alot are usually more intelligent than those who dont.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.na...1/science-swearing-profanity-curse-emma-byrne

https://www.rd.com/culture/swearing-good-for-health/

Google why swearing is good for you and you will see numerous reports into why swearing is good for you.

TheBloodstomper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for being a bit off topic but scientific research has also shown swearing is good for you and people who swear alot are usually more intelligent than those who dont.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.na...1/science-swearing-profanity-curse-emma-byrne

https://www.rd.com/culture/swearing-good-for-health/

Google why swearing is good for you and you will see numerous reports into why swearing is good for you.
AHAHAHAH damn that's good to know.

Btw, my problem's solved, my AC installation was just corrupted.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill