Hardware Just found a "Littlest Pet Shop" cart in the apartment trash: which DS do I get for my daughter?

NicholasLAranda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk how important a GBA slot is when you can get emulation software running.

I'd like to be able to use these R4, M3, AceKard, etc. things (which one is the best one? I want most features, I'm an advanced user)

I'd like there to be wifi, can these do YouTube kids or netflix?

Has to be able to play MP3's (if only by custom carts: that's fine)

Not too required to have that nifty 3D Slider: I'm looking for the cheapest one of these handhelds that match my preferences.

So, which one do we get for her?

Iam2smart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some suggestions, a nindento 2ds it’s $79.99 dollars has all the features you asked for but if you want a bigger size and foldable design you can get the 2ds xl which is priced at $149.99. These are my suggestions hope this helps

Last edited by Iam2smart,

Iam2smart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but if you don’t want that one you could go on eBay and find a 2ds xl or old 3ds for some good prices

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is that the one that doesn't fold into a clamshell?

She said specifically that she thinks those ones are weird lol
The original "O"2DS is the axehead shaped one (which is more comfortable than it looks, but definitely try first if you can...) while the N2DS is just a cheapassed N3DSXL (that misses both the sturdiness and low-cost goals of the first one)

Iam2smart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PM's are open if for whatever reason you can't talk about them here.
Probably the best flash cart you can get is this one https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 it does not have time bomb and it comes with a internal switch so you could install cfw without the need of a pacific type firmware version.
It also lets you run nds backups and music and much more other things

Reactions: mikey420

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go on eBay and find whatever cheap 3DS/2DS you want. Once it comes in the mail, follow the instructions on 3ds.guide to install Boot9Strap and Luma3DS on it.

You only need a flashcart if you plan on using backups from the original DS on it. However, if it comes with system version 11.7 it can be a pain in the ass to install Boot9Strap without a flashcart, so buying a flashcart with ntrboot might come in handy.

If you're not loading original DS backups, and your 3DS/2DS comes with a firmware below 11.7, I wouldn't bother buying a flashcart.

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the game works first. I have tossed out DS games I couldn't get to work even after cleaning them. Then I just go out and repurchase them again.

MeteoXavier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get your daughter's birthday presents from the communal trash? <:S <:S :S

Please make sure to properly disinfect it and don't ever let her know where you found it. That's exactly the kind of thing that kids will build a complex about for a long time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol