1. geek_76

OP geek_76 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi. Just bought a used WiiU that is still on 5.5.1. I haven't done anything with it yet and I just want to make sure my ducks are in a row before I proceed, as I'd like to stay on 5.5.1 and install haxchi eventually.

Here are my questions/plans.
    - Any harm in doing a factory reset? The person I bought it from did not do so before he gave it to me. (The WiiU has not been previously hacked.)
    - my next step would be to setup an internet connnection w/ DNS setting to prevent updates, then create new Nintendo ID.
    - I would then follow the guide to get browserhax, to homebrew, and run nnu patcher so that I can access eshop while on 5.5.1.
    -Once in eshop, i'll buy a legit ds game "brain age" and install haxchi per guides.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

2. LaPingas

LaPingas let's go mangoooooo

Israel
    If you're sure that it wasn't hacked before you can format it with no problem. But check for CBHC if it's maybe installed and the seller lied or anything like that, cause if you format the system while on CBHC.. rip ur Wii U
    More questions? I saw only 1
    Your plans are fine
    I would recommend downloading HB App Store, really helpful.
    Enjoy this beautiful console. When hacked, you can do too much shit with it

3. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

United States
    Doesn't system formatting force the console to update?

4. geek_76

OP geek_76 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks! I'll double check every folder looking for any traces of CBHC before I proceed. Better safe than sorry.

This actually my 2nd WiiU. The "main" one that I've had for a while has haxchi only and is more for the kids. For this new one is more for me to play around with; I got what I considered a great deal on it, and look forward to unlocking its full potential. (I.e, i plan on hacking vWii on this unit eventually, getting retroarch latest version running, CBCH, forwarders, etc).

5. LaPingas

LaPingas let's go mangoooooo

Israel
    k
    Good luck, my man. This console offers sooooo much :D

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - bought, first,