Hardware Just bought a used 3DS. . . . . . . .

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the main point to this topic, I just bought a used 3DS and after checking the serial number on it I found that it's an ambassador 3DS. Now I formatted everything on it: SD card, settings, etc etc. Went to the eshop, updated, but I can't seem to find anything about the ambassador program. If anyone can help out with what may be wrong I'd be most greatful.

D

Deleted User

So here's the main point to this topic, I just bought a used 3DS and after checking the serial number on it I found that it's an ambassador 3DS. Now I formatted everything on it: SD card, settings, etc etc. Went to the eshop, updated, but I can't seem to find anything about the ambassador program. If anyone can help out with what may be wrong I'd be most greatful.

1. Did the person that sold it to you re-formatted it?
2. Did you connect to Club Nintendo?
3. If you said no to both questions, it should be in the Settings tab, and Your Downloads. If you said yes, check anyway. :P

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how it works once an ambassador unit is formatted. I would think you would still be able to get the games, but check the normal spot:

eShop > Settings/Other > Your Downloads

All previously downloaded titles are in there, and that's how you download the ambassador games.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the eShop did you go all the way to the left side (or just click the orange tab in the upper left corner) and select Settings/Other and then clicking on "Your Downloads"? Everything should be listed there to redownload. I could be wrong. Maybe you aren't even able to redownload them after formatting.

EDIT: Wow, 4 new posts just as I was typing this.

I guess the Ambassador games were linked to the previous owners Club Nintendo account and they removed their account prior to selling it.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If I can send the ambassador info to my 3DS that would be great, is that possible?
You have to have your Nintendo Club account linked to the ambassador 3DS. If so the ambassador games will appear in your Nintendo Club account. Then Call Nintendo and tell them what you wanna do.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, do what MakiManPR says. Considering that you checked the serial # and it says it is eligible for the Ambassador program, then they should still be linked to that unit. Had the previous owner transferred the program to another 3DS, then I'd assume your current 3DS would no longer be eligible.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I linked my Club Nintendo acount to the Ambassador 3DS, checking it now. Again thank you everyone for the advice and being quick about it ^_^

Where would I find this info on the club nintendo site?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If I can send the ambassador info to my 3DS that would be great, is that possible?
You have to have your Nintendo Club account linked to the ambassador 3DS. If so the ambassador games will appear in your Nintendo Club account. Then Call Nintendo and tell them what you wanna do.
That is incorrect. You do not need to link your Club Nintendo account to the 3DS.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That is incorrect. You do not need to link your Club Nintendo account to the 3DS.
You do, Nintendo themselves said that, in order for people to get the rights from an Ambassador they should've connected their eShop account with their Nintendo account (website), it's also related to the 3DS itself, but if the people already transferred the games to another 3DS, it could still say it was eligible, the the games have already been redeemed, hence you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Now, if the games were on the system before you formatted it, then well, you need the eShop account that was attached to the system, since you do need to have the accounts connected (I know because not only did Nintendo tell people about it back then, a friend of mine had the same issue and Nintendo's answer was that same one).

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm guessing a call to Nintendo should be done ^_^
Sure, just don't mention you bought a used 3DS, just say you never remembered to connect the accounts or something, Nintendo aren't very fond of that. xP

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used Aqua Blue 3DS for $200 which came with Super Mario 3D Land, Star Fox 64 3D, and Mario Kart 7. I later checked and found out it was an ambassador 3DS. I could not find the downloads so I called Nintendo and told them that I bought the system used "from a friend" and they allowed me to have ambassador status. Very nice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool