homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, Mathews from Brazil here.
So, i just bought Gateway for 3DS , and i'm waiting for it to arrive.
Just got a few questions :

1: I email'd Gateway team about
the new update that supports 9.2 release date, and they answered with:
"Unfortunately, we can't me more precise than 'soon' right now. We don't want to
give a date and not respect it.
But we are almost done, the wait won't be long."
I don't really know how much time gateway team takes to release an update, after they announce it.I know you guys can't tell exact dates, but, do you think it will take a long time for them to finalize it?

2: I don't know if i can post that question here, if i'm going against any rule tell me please, but where can i download game backups?(ROMS)

3: I bought a 32GB MicroSD card. It that enough for like ~10 games?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1. I'd say a month or two at most, but it's anyone's guess. Obviously they have the exploit in hand, which is a positive. Be sure to avoid updating beyond 9.2 firmware.

2. I do believe that's against the rules. Use any trusted torrent site you're aware of. I can post a 3DS releases site for you without issue, I think (you cannot download anything from here): http://3ds.essh.co/

3. Yeah, most 3DS ROMs are between 2GB and 4GB, so you can fit like 10-20 games on there.

Reactions: Margen67

Kandern97

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have a bit of basic knowledge of how to use command prompt, you can trim 3DS roms down to make them a smaller size, except for new games using 7.x encryption (Pokemon X & Y, Tomodachi Life, Smash Bros.). The way this works is that a 3DS rom will be 256, 512 ,1024, 2048, or 4096 megabyte formats. The thing is, the rom data might be smaller than that, and the rest is junk data. I freed up maybe 7-10 GB of space on my HDD by trimming ~20 roms down.

Kandern97

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kandern97 , do you have a guide on how to do that? Does that afflicts the game in any way? (loading times, crashes,bugs,etc)
So I haven't used this program, ndstokyotrim, but it doesn't look hard to use. I'm gonna stick to cmd, but that's just because that's what I'm used to. So here's the link https://gbatemp.net/threads/ndstokyotrim-batch-trimmer-with-wifi-detection.55162/. And as long as the rom is not a card 2 game/7.x encryption game, I've had no problem with trimming roms, and I've used my GW3DS to play them for 6 months now, no problems.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You buy something like this, don't expect it to be plain sailing with updates there and then. It's not an approved product with Nintendo's gold stamp:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY