Hacking Just bough DS, total n00b to flash carts

farazk86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

finally got a ds and would love flash carts to play downloaded games on it, but cant find it anywhere in the UK. no sites as well.

just wondering how the uk members here aquired theirs?

also ive been reading up and there appear to be a lot of different brands, ive read that R4 should be avoided, so then which ones do you guys recommend?

Cheers

farazk86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the link, but ive been there recently and it looks like shoptemp is not a shop initself but it is just a directory of shops.. every cart i click gives me a list of shops.. the one for UK i found was http://www.cheapr4i.com/m3i-zero-for-3dsds...very-p-196.html

and even here there are so many choices.. which one should I get...?? I even read the stickies but it confused me more with detail overload.

I just want to play downloaded roms on it , i dont want movies or homebrew or linux.. so then for me which cart will be ideal?

and the shop i listed.. does someone have experience with it?

farazk86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

pozda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i still have my first flashcart that i got ~4 years ago, it is m3ds simply, its the same cart as R4 and with woodR4 custom firmware EVERYTHING works just fine, btw, thats the cheapest card around but doesn't have SDHC support, so you'll have to use plain microSD card

hope that helps, but if you really have alot of cash buy dstwo, it is best flashcart in my opinion

woodR4 updates regularly, so if latest backups dont work you have to patch them until new version of woodr4 comes up (then you dont have to patch anything)

farazk86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pozda said:
i still have my first flashcart that i got ~4 years ago, it is m3ds simply, its the same cart as R4 and with woodR4 custom firmware EVERYTHING works just fine, btw, thats the cheapest card around but doesn't have SDHC support, so you'll have to use plain microSD card

hope that helps, but if you really have alot of cash buy dstwo, it is best flashcart in my opinion

woodR4 updates regularly, so if latest backups dont work you have to patch them until new version of woodr4 comes up (then you dont have to patch anything)

thanks for the reply..

so woodr4?? is this like a firmware for the r4 cart?

so youre pretty much happy with your r4 cart? and im sure no one needs SDHC support now as the microSD is pretty much standard nowadays.

so should I go with the purchase of http://www.discoazul.com/r4-ds-microsd-english_en.html and hopefully it will play all downloaded roms?

and no. i dont have much to spend.. spent most of my savings on the DS
frown.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Don't get an R4.

Consult this chart
cardchart.gif

The Supercard DSTWO has quite a lot of useful features and can emulate GBA and SNES games. The Acekard 2i is also a great choice and is inexpensive.

As for where to purchase it, check out the shops below
[shoptemp]97[/shoptemp]​

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically get a DSTwo if you can afford one, but if you don't need the extra features get an AK2i.

Check ShopTemp, a lot of the stores listed there ship worldwide.

pozda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not very demanding, thats why its ok with me to have R4 on my DSLite, it plays back-ups and all homebrew that i tried on it (and i tried alot of it), thats enough for me!

I absolutely agree that other cards are better

I think that Ak2i is possibly best choice considering the price and possibilities!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC? +1