Hacking Just a few questions

hannah200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey everyone, I got a DSi a few weeks ago and I'm totally new to all this. I've been searching around for a few days now and finally decided to get an acekard 2i
But I couldn't find the answers to these questions: (sorry, I bet there are around here somewhere, I did use the search, but all this talk about GUI, Akio and other things make me crazy
wacko.gif
I don't understand a thing!)
1. Do I need a special card for it to work on a UK DSi? I saw a video that shows it works on european dsi's but I want to make sure it's real.
2. Do you need anything else besides the acekard 2i? That supercard onei got all kinds of extra stuff, is any of that needed? (I think I need a SD card, right? Does any SD card work?
3. How do I put games on that card? (a video guide would be VERY helpfull)
4. Is there anything else I need to know? I just want to play games, that works fine, right?
Anything I need to do beforehand? Or can I just play what I want after I put games on it? I suppose I need to put on firmware first?

thanks in advance, help is very much appreciated!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Your UK DSi is considered a European DSi, you do not need a special card. Just makes sure you get an Acekard 2i, not a 2.1
2. You need a microSD card, don't buy an SD card.
3. You just drag and drop your roms onto your memory card, like you would a USB drive.
4. You need to put the firmware on the card first, all of the instructions are on the AKAIO wiki.
Also, you should try and get the best card you can, on SDHC cards they will have classes 2, 4 and 6. 2 is the worst, 6 is the best. You can get away with 4, but games and homebrew perform much better with class 6 cards.

hannah200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thanks for your reply.
biggrin.gif

RupeeClock said:
3. You just drag and drop your roms onto your memory card, like you would a USB drive.
just to make sure I got it right:
1. you put the Acekard 2i in your Dsi
2. You connect the Dsi with a computer (cable comes with your DSi?)
3. you put games on it

sounds easy enough
smile.gif

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Jun 17 2009, 06:00 PM) 4. You need to put the firmware on the card first, all of the instructions are on the AKAIO wiki.
Also, you should try and get the best card you can, on SDHC cards they will have classes 2, 4 and 6. 2 is the worst, 6 is the best. You can get away with 4, but games and homebrew perform much better with class 6 cards.
when you talk about card classes do you mean MicroSD cards or Acekards? How would you know what class a card is? I assume there are some price differences between card classes, are class 6 cards expensive?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh no no no no no, you don't connect your Acekard 2i to your computer.

kingston_1gb_microsd_1.jpg

This is a microSD card, this is what you store your roms on.
It goes inside the Acekard, which lets you play your roms on you DSi.

Micro-SD-Reader-II.jpg

You put the microSd card in a USB adapter like this, and this lets you put your files on your microSD.

Oh, and the card classes, that's microSD. All Acekard 2i's work the same.
Class 6 cards usually cost more, you're paying for the extra speed.

hannah200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Allright thanks! I got it now
smile.gif

The USB adapter, does it come with the acekard, or do you have to but it and the microSD card seperately?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...