• Replies 1,213
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Great that this shows at least some progress! I'm pretty full of that "patch will be released when its done" thing. I'm already waiting it about year. That's pretty long time. Keep it up so I can finally get one of my friend to play this!

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I, for one, welcome our new overlord deufeufeu!

I can't say I see the need for a fork when this could have been done from the inside of the main project AND can't see why you got so mad in our conversation this morning, but after a terrible day I've had at work, I'm happy to finally see some good news and that someone is willing to take over the management of the project.

Before resigning though, there are some things I would like to say to my discharge:
1. I tried to do my best managing the workflow wish is not always as easy as it seems.
2. It's not that volunteering was seen as a reward or anything: I was just trying to encourage people to collaborate and make things interesting.
3. If I never kept a record of who did what because that's what a wiky.style translation is about. Do you know who wrote the page about WWII in the Wikipedia? you don't, because it's a wiki.
4. I tried to do my best at making the translation as easy as possible to reinsert into the ROM. Probably some bad decisions were made but that's just how little of the hacking process I know.

Now, if you'll PM me with your gmail account, I'll share with you all of the files in the repository with full permisions, let me wish you good luck, etc...

I would like to mantain an active role in the project until it's completion, so count on me if you need help on anything.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i have kanji knowledge (fluent in chinese) but only minimal japanese knowledge. i helped translate part of the ability_t.bin and helped clean that same file on the old project.

i also have photoshop/image editing skills, so if you need to replace text on an image file or alter them in any way i can definitely help there.

will continue to help here (or at both projects) as needed. just let me know if there's anything i can do.

-wes

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice! Keep up the good working

After waiting so long, we finaly can see some results, although from an other team. But still it's a good job that we finaly can receive a playable patch after waiting for almost a year. Since I follow this project i thought it would never came to an end.

Lucky you give this project a huge boost. Im looking forward to the end of the week
smile.gif

adyum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the great work deufeufeu, if you need anything done with graphics drop me a PM I may be able to help.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
we re making a wiki, i think it will be finished this weekend
this wiki will contain all untranslated things and thoses that need rewrite
we don't have talk about game graphics in the wiki now but
deufeufeu send me all the komas from the game into png format for editing
I know it's not a vital things, but it could be an amazing add !!
and when you see the FAQ manga moment... i think 50% is already translated in this faq
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/933199/46489

example :
goku 6 Koma : "It's over-! FREEZA!!!!"
if someone with graphic ability want to do some .....
just PM me
i can do that and help on this but i ll need to work on chr_b_t.bin and chr_s_t.bin so i need to focus

UI will be extract later (deufeufeu tell me that takes times)

actually deufeufeu work on an issue to rulemess.bin because after changing font...that make a bug

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks beautifulbeast for this project.
You're the daddy of this thing. Without you, it wouldn't have even started.

And deufeufeu, you should be honored for stepping things up even more.
Thanks!

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
we re making a wiki, i think it will be finished this weekend
this wiki will contain all untranslated things and thoses that need rewrite
we don't have talk about game graphics in the wiki now but
deufeufeu send me all the komas from the game into png format for editing
I know it's not a vital things, but it could be an amazing add !!
and when you see the FAQ manga moment... i think 50% is already translated in this faq
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/933199/46489

example :
goku 6 Koma : "It's over-! FREEZA!!!!"
if someone with graphic ability want to do some .....
just PM me
i can do that and help on this but i ll need to work on chr_b_t.bin and chr_s_t.bin so i need to focus

UI will be extract later (deufeufeu tell me that takes times)

actually deufeufeu work on an issue to rulemess.bin because after changing font...that make a bug

So we're going to be editing the koma's too? I'm all in. So has a standard font been decided for the game. I mean, for the koma's? Because we can't have 20 different fonts running around all over the place.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to make a comment... which will probably get a less than favorable response... the only reason he has that much finished is that he swooped in and is working off the already completed files.  This isn't news, it is fact that he admits in his first post.  People who have read the other thread (the whole thing) have seen my involvement in the project.  I came in late in the game, about the same time as Geunt.

At this point I am all for a project completion... but I think we need a little more amiable discussion, instead of a coup de tat.  Project management needs to be revised, agreed, but I think we, as a community, are going about it wrong.

It's not true, you are making the same mistake made by this project from the start.
Making a translation is not only translating, it's also romhacking.
And on this topic, your project had... nothing.
I've never said anywhere that I had translated something. I'm just saying that I know how to produce patch, and how to edit the text in the game. But almost all of the "completed files" you talk about are not so completed. Why ? Because, no one ever bothered to thing about how it will look ingame, and it seems people have forgotten that doing a game translation is not all about editing text files.
I'm really not blaming you because the files on which you are working are the only ones where some thinking has been done about how it will look ingame.
I'm also wanting a fork because I think the past project needs to be started off new grounds and better foundations, it's not a takeover and I'm not preventing anyone from working in the past project. I'm making the fork because I'm up to the point where I've involved too much time to see it lost...
No matter how you feel about how well done the translated text was, you are still just taking that same text and using it in a project that it was not intended for by the people who initially did it. deufeufeu, it is not your right to take all of their work just because you want to start a new project, even if you think you can do a better job. In my opinion it's basically plagiarism. Before I get flamed for this, please note that I am all for the completion of a JUS Translation, and no I have not participated in any of these projects, but you can't just deam every1's work on the first translation as worthless so you can make one. You should work with them on a project everyone agrees on doing. To me, this seems like the same ethics behind a translation that might use the text off of a GameFAQS translation... Just my opinion.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to make a comment... which will probably get a less than favorable response... the only reason he has that much finished is that he swooped in and is working off the already completed files.  This isn't news, it is fact that he admits in his first post.  People who have read the other thread (the whole thing) have seen my involvement in the project.  I came in late in the game, about the same time as Geunt.

At this point I am all for a project completion... but I think we need a little more amiable discussion, instead of a coup de tat.  Project management needs to be revised, agreed, but I think we, as a community, are going about it wrong.

It's not true, you are making the same mistake made by this project from the start.
Making a translation is not only translating, it's also romhacking.
And on this topic, your project had... nothing.
I've never said anywhere that I had translated something. I'm just saying that I know how to produce patch, and how to edit the text in the game. But almost all of the "completed files" you talk about are not so completed. Why ? Because, no one ever bothered to thing about how it will look ingame, and it seems people have forgotten that doing a game translation is not all about editing text files.
I'm really not blaming you because the files on which you are working are the only ones where some thinking has been done about how it will look ingame.
I'm also wanting a fork because I think the past project needs to be started off new grounds and better foundations, it's not a takeover and I'm not preventing anyone from working in the past project. I'm making the fork because I'm up to the point where I've involved too much time to see it lost...

No matter how you feel about how well done the translated text was, you are still just taking that same text and using it in a project that it was not intended for by the people who initially did it. deufeufeu, it is not your right to take all of their work just because you want to start a new project, even if you think you can do a better job. In my opinion it's basically plagiarism. Before I get flamed for this, please note that I am all for the completion of a JUS Translation, and no I have not participated in any of these projects, but you can't just deam every1's work on the first translation as worthless so you can make one. You should work with them on a project everyone agrees on doing. To me, this seems like the same ethics behind a translation that might use the text off of a GameFAQS translation... Just my opinion.

umm...
unsure.gif

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Jan 9 2008, 11:05 AM)
Given half the people responsible for both projects have already posted saying OK/I am here to help/go for it....... people can be assured of no war. We both seem to be in it for the game rather than for the first to the finish line side of things.

I do however propose a friendly contest, pinging ideas off each other/ demoing different concepts sounds like a sure fire way to make things better.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awesome to have deufeufeu on this. I've seen how good he is on the FFTA2 project, so I'm confident that he will get this project on course.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
End of the week?
wtf.gif
I thought there was still alot more to translate.. but I'm all for a patch by then, thanks a ton to deufeufeu, beautifulbeast, and everyone else who helped!
bow.gif
grog.gif
yaynds.gif

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As long as the end result is a decent translation patch, I'm more than happy. I've been trying to get several friends into this game, but nobody wants to play something with a bunch of text they don't understand
dry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8